• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,684 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorite Lois lane covers. Most issues around #26 have silly or fantastic images. This one is worthy of a long look. The artwork is simply fantastic. Lois, full of dark despair, Lana as triumphant as can be and Superman just plain happy. What has always impressed me about this cover is that Clark and Lana really do look like a newly wed couple in love.

LoisLane26.jpg

Edited by steelcity

Yes, I collect back to the early GA, but I have not scanned much from that era. I will put up a few GA Christmas covers this month.

Cool! Looking forward to them! :popcorn:

Possibly the last person to actually say "blimey" was Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!

Here, the reader is left in no doubt that the Dynamic Duo are indeed in London, swinging around as if they know where they are going!

DetectiveComics196.jpg

I love this Win Mortimer cover -- one of my favorite of the first half of the 50s. The colors and page quality are just superb! :applause:

Edited by adamstrange

Another Joker cover. This is a classic story, where Batman's arch enemy appears to give up his criminal lifestyle after inheriting a fortune.

"He's got a wad of bills large enough to choke a horse!" exclaims , as he and Bruce find themselves dining at an adjacent table to the Clown Prince...

DetectiveComics180.jpg

Batwoman, Batmite, and Bathound! Nice books, Silver and Steel!

Another Joker cover. This is a classic story, where Batman's arch enemy appears to give up his criminal lifestyle after inheriting a fortune.

"He's got a wad of bills large enough to choke a horse!" exclaims , as he and Bruce find themselves dining at an adjacent table to the Clown Prince...

DetectiveComics180.jpg

That's a very good cover ... especially compared to that of the following month :sick: ...

49293-DetectiveComics181s.jpg.821d3a9c533373adf587240655869565.jpg

DetectiveComics180.jpg

That's a very good cover ... especially compared to that of the following month :sick: ...

49293-DetectiveComics181s.jpg

and your "monthly" budget is thankful?

Jack

and your "monthly" budget is thankful?

Jack

I'm of two minds on that one. While you correctly guessed that I do appreciate the price point difference, sometimes, like in the Detective Comics case, I do wish I didn't have to pick a turkey of a cover when I could have had to buy a cool Joker cover. You win some, you lose some I guess.

DetectiveComics180.jpg

Cool cover on that one. I wish Gerber would have put out a DC silver age book. Didn't he take all the photos but it never got published?

Ken