• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,684 posts in this topic

Steel city - AMAZING books, I am speechless at what you have been able to put together

Bronze - That story is from HOM 221 with the wondeful skeleton on the merry-go-round cover

Jack - I am working on picking out bob brown now, Bailey is easy for me (He did the HOM 99 & 100), and Ely is one of my favorites of the era. He didn't do as many covers, but he did do the House of secrets #17, which is so lyrical in it's line quality

I like the greytone like effect that DC used on windows and glass bubbles.

Superboy77.jpg

What striking colors on that book. I don't think I've noticed that cover before at all. Wow! :applause:

Can't believe such a great cover has flown under your radar! Even a troglodyte such as me can appreciate this cover. You're slipping. :baiting:

What striking colors on that book. I don't think I've noticed that cover before at all. Wow! :applause:

Can't believe such a great cover has flown under your radar! Even a troglodyte such as me can appreciate this cover. You're slipping. :baiting:

:signfunny:

Steelcity, please post any books you want here even if they seem to early. I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Spangled Comics :wishluck:

Not the best cover of the 1st 20, but such a solid copy I couldn't pass it up.

Your "House of" books are blowin' me away, 'bones.

[PS: Can you actually tell Ely from Brown from Elias from etc. on these DC anthology covers?]

49363-houseofsecrets_018_raw_8_0_oww_a.jpg

Your scans reminded me to post a couple of the nice "House of" books I recently bought from Sharon (that also included HoS 18).

Here's 19 and 24 with more bold DC colors. 24 features another one of those code-approved, non-threatening goofy monsters. Kind of like being attacked by Beany's pal, Cecil.

49423-HoS19.jpg

49424-HoS24.jpg

Jack

Steelcity,

I have to say you have an amazing...stunning collection! Don't ever feel for a moment that no one is paying attention or that your "bragging" by posting one geougous comic after another. We are all comi\c lovers here and I appreciate you sharing this awesome collection with us.

Any Showcase, Brave and the Bold or Superman's?

When I bought my scanner, March 2006, in an initial burst of enthusiasm I scanned around 250 CGC books. Scanning fool that I was, I did them all at 96dpi, a default setting on the scanner. As a result, I am not happy with the quality of them.

I also selected around 1000 raw books to scan. However, I only did about 50 before I'd had enough. Since then, I have hardly scanned at all, mostly re-posting the same books. Even my newer buys are unscanned, though I do use seller's scans to post them here. My Dad has all my collection. He scanned most of Adventure #200-#300, Action #350-#400 and World's finest #150-#200 and posted quite a few himself.

So, if I can ever face it I have all my raw Marvels, Dells and Harveys to scan, plus lots more DC, including nearly all my books from the titles you mention. There are plenty of beautiful books awaiting, but they are all raw, not CGC.

Those are really nice Jack! I really like #19, it's a wonderfully colored cover. Nice shape too!

Kudos to Sharon's warehouse find!

And even though that monster is cute, If i saw it in real life, that close to me, I would be scared.

Aw, with those sweet li'l fuzzy antennae?

The story that goes with it is staggeringly lame, even by DC anthology standards!

(The workman with the plaid shirt is Barney.)

Jack

Steelcity,

I have to say you have an amazing...stunning collection! Don't ever feel for a moment that no one is paying attention or that your "bragging" by posting one geougous comic after another. We are all comi\c lovers here and I appreciate you sharing this awesome collection with us.

Any Showcase, Brave and the Bold or Superman's?

When I bought my scanner, March 2006, in an initial burst of enthusiasm I scanned around 250 CGC books. Scanning fool that I was, I did them all at 96dpi, a default setting on the scanner. As a result, I am not happy with the quality of them.

If you use board hosting, the scans have to be small anyway. 96 dpi should do the job.

I also selected around 1000 raw books to scan. However, I only did about 50 before I'd had enough. Since then, I have hardly scanned at all, mostly re-posting the same books. Even my newer buys are unscanned, though I do use seller's scans to post them here. My Dad has all my collection. He scanned most of Adventure #200-#300, Action #350-#400 and World's finest #150-#200 and posted quite a few himself.

So, if I can ever face it I have all my raw Marvels, Dells and Harveys to scan, plus lots more DC, including nearly all my books from the titles you mention. There are plenty of beautiful books awaiting, but they are all raw, not CGC.

You write that like it's a BAD thing!

Looking forward to seeing more rarely seen books.

Jack

Maybe if you had posted your 9.4 copy a couple years ago when I first joined then I would have been aware of this issue. :baiting:

Here, Robin is taking the role of health and safety officer, saying the kids must not have seen the sign. Or, he wants to jump in, ruin his outfit and make a complete fool of himself!

This issue is from the Spokane collection. These books are so fresh and white paged that they are often the best copies around.

WorldsFinest14.jpg

Maybe if you had posted your 9.4 copy a couple years ago when I first joined then I would have been aware of this issue. :baiting:

I just buy comics with guys running around in tights (and pantless ducks). YOU`RE the one who specializes in obscure titles from an obscure era. :baiting: