• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Let's make it a trifecta of Superboy's:

sb56.jpg

sb63.jpg

Not easy issues to find this nice cloud9.gif

Very nice! What do you grade them as?

The 56 is beautiful, ow/w pages and some nice gloss on cover, I think it is vf/nm material. The 63 is just as nice, except there are a couple spots on the back cover that would crucify in CGC terms...but nonetheless it has beautiful presentation of a horribly difficult book to find with nice eye appeal. I bought it for about the "fine" price...sell me books like this all day long cloud9.gif

Completists have a somewhat diiferent perspective on their collecting goals. In my case I want copies that have nice eye appeal, but I don't get too worried about the "technical grade"...grading does come into play though because that is how prices are arrived at. I tend to stay away from these kind of books in 9.2 or better because they price at multiples...so I look for 7.0-9.0 raw copies priced around guide.

I settled for some lower graded copies in completing my Jimmy Olsen collection, but I am being pickier with the remaining books I am looking for. You dont have to have a slabbed 9.4 to appreciate a nice looking comic. In fact, when I browse through my collection reminiscing...I like to pull the books out and smell and look through them. You just cannot do that with slabbed books.

I picked up a nice RH #1 not too long ago, and it really got me excited about this series. I'm going to try and get all the Showcase issues and a few from the series. Souldn't take more than five to ten years to get those Showcase issues in nice grade, don't you think?

— Rick

thumbsup2.gif

I picked up a nice RH #1 not too long ago, and it really got me excited about this series. I'm going to try and get all the Showcase issues and a few from the series. Souldn't take more than five to ten years to get those Showcase issues in nice grade, don't you think?

— Rick

thumbsup2.gif

not the way you sling the moolah around, moneybags!

poke2.gif

nice book, Rick!

Here's a fun book to find in HG.

Fun = impossible? 893applaud-thumb.gif

Fun = patience

Showcase25-1.jpg

Showcase26.jpg