• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,659 posts in this topic

These books are super without necessarily being Super. crazy.gif

DC will soon be soliciting for a Showcase volume of The War that Time Forgot. Can someone knowledgeable tell me if the stories are readable 40 years later? Zonker? Anyone?

Silver,

You know I'm a war man, buy fella - that is a sweet collection of DC hero books you have there.

It must be an absolute delight to own those. Thanks for sharing so many great covers.

Shep

Thanks Shep...quite a compliment considering we have steelcity, tth2, adamstrange and others who have just stunning collections. I respect all of you guys who post on here.

I have a deal for you, you keep posting DC war books and I will keep posting my Super books acclaim.gif

Here is a book I aquired from another board member who put a killer dent in my World's Finest wantlist...nearmint (not the book, the person....ok, maybe the book too!) shy.gif

wf115.jpg

I just realized something...I have almost exclusively posted ten cent cover price books. While I am not close to running out of ten centers to post...I may start scanning some 12 centers.... devil.gif

Not in this thread of coarse! stooges.gif

I have a deal for you, you keep posting DC war books and I will keep posting my Super books acclaim.gif

I have a deal for everyone: KEEP POSTING YOUR SILVER AGE 10-CENTERS!!! headbang.gif

Deal!

I've been meaning to post more silver.... just been a really busy time recently.

Lately, I've been exclusively focusing all my buying on high grade bronze war books. But the other night, I did pull some Silver age boxes just to make sure I didn't OD on bronze!

Nothing... and I mean NOTHING! gives me a charge like seeing wonderful 10 cent DCs. They're just so conistently enjoyable.... no matter the character, title, genre. DC just had innocence and fun down to a perfect science back then.

I have picked up a nice few ten-centers lately (got a SMOKIN' G.I. Combat #54 recently) and I'll try to scan and post over the next few days.

Great, great, great books guys.

Shep

I have a deal for everyone: KEEP POSTING YOUR SILVER AGE 10-CENTERS!!! headbang.gif

poke2.gif

I think I've already posted all mine. frown.gif

poke2.gif

buy more cloud9.gif

poke2.gif

buy more cloud9.gif

Tell other collectors to stop bidding them up to 10X!

buy more cloud9.gif

I guess I could post this one. Didn't really feel entitled to post it since I've never actually even held it in my hands.

823022014o.jpg

These books are super without necessarily being Super. crazy.gif

DC will soon be soliciting for a Showcase volume of The War that Time Forgot. Can someone knowledgeable tell me if the stories are readable 40 years later? Zonker? Anyone?

Sorry, man. I'm pretty much out of the loop when it comes to this series. I think I may have read a reprint of one of the Neal Adams-drawn installments 30 years ago. If I had to bet, I would guess the formula would wear out pretty quickly reading them all in one sitting!