• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,645 posts in this topic

haha, its like cottom candy superman!

Great books, I have to admit this thread has sent me chasing later books then I was. I am having fun with late 50's/ Early 60's. Too much good stuff I had let pass by before. I never paid much attention to the superman books before (Unless it was a crazy cover, or good colors or something like that), but I really like them all now! Waiting on my green lantern #2 to arrive... cloud9.gif

Changing from the DCs for a second... I really love the painted Dell covers, particularly for titles like Turok and Tarzan, but this one really blew me away.

17013012007o.jpg

Much more serious acton than on many of those other covers! 893applaud-thumb.gif

haha, its like cottom candy superman!

Great books, I have to admit this thread has sent me chasing later books then I was. I am having fun with late 50's/ Early 60's. Too much good stuff I had let pass by before. I never paid much attention to the superman books before (Unless it was a crazy cover, or good colors or something like that), but I really like them all now! Waiting on my green lantern #2 to arrive... cloud9.gif

Scanned this one for you. I really like the different colors used on this cover. Do you think Superman can stop in time? stooges.gif

wf101.jpg

Last of my two 10 cent DC romance books. You know, scarcity in general and scarcity in grade are discussed around here all the time. Without demand, scarcity becoms somewhat irrelevant (if no one is looking, does it matter that few exist?). The DC romance books are a horrific challenge in any kind of nice shape which is why I bought these two. Plus I liked how DC set apart the "romance group" as being different from the rest of their titles. I Know there is a story behind DC publishing these titles for Arleigh (I think) I just don't know what that stoy is. They are very different from other DC comics. The inside front cover is a index to the stories inside, and the back covers remind me of Harvey comics they way the promote this months issues.

gr55.jpg

gr55bc.jpg