• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Latest pick-up from Heritage...

Tec282.jpg

I cloud9.gif these 10 cent Tecs.

Very nice!

Although I did notice that Robin is looking more mildly surprised than actually shocked. What's up with that? confused-smiley-013.gif

that has gotta be the worst or silliest-dragon-type monster ever drawn! Looks like a childs blowup bath toy.

Early inter-company crossover.

1726739-BCecil2.jpg

Jack

sign-funnypost.gif

I do love Beany and Cecil -- wish they'd put out more of the cartoons though.

1726739-BCecil2.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

They were some of the wittiest cartoons of their time, loaded with puns and topical references. On a level with Rocky and Bullwinkle, but not as well remembered. There's no way that kids got all of the gags -- I know I didn't figure some of them out until later. Clampett was a great director and animator, and he had some real talent working with him on this show including Stan Freberg -- did he do some of the writing? -- and Daws Butler.

I've never seen any of the revival attempt, which I've read isn't bad, but I can't imagine trying to live up to the originals. Have they been released on DVD? I should find out how they've stood the test of time.

yr obedient serpent,

Jack

A rarely seen title. What issue number is that?

Thanks,

Jack

I have several more, everything is all mixed up though. Found my books after about 15 to 20 years of being tucked away. Jackpot!!

Angel150dpiFcov.jpg

selegue it's vol. 1 #12 from 1958. Somewhat different though I agree

Thanks.

Here's #16, also rarely seen. I don't want to make anyone jealous, but it's from the legendary Massachusetts ckb Collection. As a pedigree marker, a previous owner wrote the issue number on the cover. I will entertain serious offers at multiples of guide!

Jack

1726739-angel16s.jpg

1726739-BCecil2.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

They were some of the wittiest cartoons of their time, loaded with puns and topical references. On a level with Rocky and Bullwinkle, but not as well remembered. There's no way that kids got all of the gags -- I know I didn't figure some of them out until later. Clampett was a great director and animator, and he had some real talent working with him on this show including Stan Freberg -- did he do some of the writing? -- and Daws Butler.

I've never seen any of the revival attempt, which I've read isn't bad, but I can't imagine trying to live up to the originals. Have they been released on DVD? I should find out how they've stood the test of time.

yr obedient serpent,

Jack

Some of the show titles are terrific: "B&C and No Bikini Atoll", "B&C and Tear-along, the Dotted Lion".

Yes, it was out on DVD but looks like it's a collector's item now. It has lots of extras including commentary Clampett and Freberg.

web page

I'll sell mine for $100. tongue.gif

As for Rocky & Bullwinkle, I have 3 seasons of them . cloud9.gif

Tarzans get no love in this thread, but I'm going to post my latest acquisition anyways!

17041014012o.jpg

I missed out on this one, which has a fantastic cover. But apparently someone (maybe a double cover collector) coveted it more than I did. Christo_pull_hair.gif

17041013015o.jpg