• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals,

I rarely post anything new in the collection but was pretty excited about these coming in today. For the DC lovers these are tough .10 cent issues to find in high grade.

Thanks for looking,

Rube

flash106.jpg

Gaaah! That's incredible! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Hi guys and gals,

I rarely post anything new in the collection but was pretty excited about these coming in today. For the DC lovers these are tough .10 cent issues to find in high grade.

Thanks for looking,

Rube

flash111-1.jpg

flash114-1.jpg

Thought I'd show my appreciation for you other two books. Early Flash are hard to find in grade. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I just bought this today from a local shop. Kinda beat up, and I probably paid more than it was worth. I love the tank cover on it though.

gicombat41.jpg

JO 41:

I'd never seen that cover (like most JO's in fact) but it's fun. Is Lucy a throw-away character or part of the regular cast? I'm not familiar with her.

Lois Lane's little sister, a "stewardess" as they used to be called, Jimmy's long-term love interest. Their relationship, usually built around making one another jealous and "teaching the other one a lesson", was almost as twisted as Lois's and Clark's. Good ol' Uncle Mort.

Wikipedia entry has lots of post-1970 information that I didn't know about.

That cover just invites wisecracks, right? From Jimmy O being "all hands" around Lucy (with a nod to Velvet Underground's "The Gift"), to Amazing Spider-Man 100 prototype.

Jack

Lois Lane's little sister

Thanks. They made'em cute in that family cloud9.gif

Of course, with Schaffenberger pencils, they're all cute!

In fact, almost interchangeable except for the hair color and style -- even Lana.

Jack

Awesome VG book AND I like the cover itself. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Jack: Thanks for the Superman education. My only knowledge of Supes' universe is from the Smallville show and it bears no resemblance (sp?) to the comics.

It's the cover showing how Superman LEARNED to be a !

(What was the rationale for Jor-El picking his kid's dog? Pound was closed?)

Jack

Another purple cover. Great Krypton scene, as well...

feb12superboy79cgc.jpg