• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

Nice green tones on this one...

Superboy59.jpg

Lovely books all, steelcity but DC Green is always especially appreciated! cloud9.gif

AWP!!!!

Somebody stuck Jimmy's head on the body of a young Supergirl? Or is that Tinker Bell?

The scalloped skirt is an especially nice touch -- designed by Jimmy himself?

Gorgeous copy. I bet it's as scarce as a DC book of that era can be.

Jack

jo02.jpg

Just curious -- what is the best copy of Action Comics #242 that any of you has ever seen? poke2.gif

Why, did you just slab a 9.8 copy? yeahok.gif

Nope, just wondering in case someone posts a super sweet copy sometime very soon. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm curious, too. Not being a silver age DC heavy hitter, I certainly don't have the knowledge of others, but I've never seen a copy of Action 242 for sale that was nicer than a fine plus. Cool cover colors, vital story for the Supes mythos, plus rare as hen's teeth in high grade makes for something of a high grade ten cent grail.

Action #242 is certainly a very difficult find in decent shape. The nicest I have ever seen is a VF copy. Published May 1958 - a difficult era for 10c DCs generally. Three months earlier World's Finest #94, origin of Batman/Superman team is even scarcer than the Action, but perhaps does not appear to be as it is less sought after.