• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

you right. me no love tarzan!

That's okay, I love 'em and that's all that counts. smirk.gif

Plus, the antipathy towards them (except for the double covers, apparently frustrated.gif) lets me continue to buy 'em cheap!

Tarzans get no love in this thread, but I'm going to post my latest acquisition anyways!

17041014012o.jpg

I missed out on this one, which has a fantastic cover. But apparently someone (maybe a double cover collector) coveted it more than I did. Christo_pull_hair.gif

17041013015o.jpg

Great books, tth2! There is something majestic about these painted covers.

Tarzans get no love in this thread, but I'm going to post my latest acquisition anyways!

Great books, tth2! There is something majestic about these painted covers.

They do look great.

Can you ID the cover painters? Are these both Morris Gollub? (Maybe it says in the fine print on the slab but I can't read it.

Jack

Perfect timing to post that cover, fits in perfectly with the Tarzan theme! 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Didn't even think about that, but I do think that's one of the sillier Jimmy Olsen covers, but in a good way.

I'm pretty sure your Tarzan and Gorrilla cover is Gollub but not so sure on the second one.

Perfect timing to post that cover, fits in perfectly with the Tarzan theme! 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Didn't even think about that, but I do think that's one of the sillier Jimmy Olsen covers, but in a good way.

I'm pretty sure your Tarzan and Gorrilla cover is Gollub but not so sure on the second one.

You think that is one of the sillier JO covers? You must not have seen very many.... stooges.gif

Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 17 (Nov 1954) from a batch of readers I got today. Average date Feb 1960, average price about $5!. The way I like them -- complete, nice enough grade to admire and hold together in one piece, low enough grade to read or toss on the scanner with impunity. A fairly uncommon book because no one gives a $%^& about the DC celebrity humor books. Drucker cover, right?

1730268-DeanJer.jpg

Jack

batman122vn4.jpg

Let me be the first to say 893whatthe.gif and 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Could GA be just around the bend?

Adventures of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 17 (Nov 1954) from a batch of readers I got today. Average date Feb 1960, average price about $5!. The way I like them -- complete, nice enough grade to admire and hold together in one piece, low enough grade to read or toss on the scanner with impunity. A fairly uncommon book because no one gives a $%^& about the DC celebrity humor books. Drucker cover, right?

Jack

I love the humor books. Great pick-up at five bucks!

Definitely different artists. The second one has a "smoother" or more "polished" style, and his work is seen on more of the later Dell and early GK Tarzans, although I don't what his name is.

I love the humor books. Great pick-up at five bucks!

This particular one was the oldest in the batch and one of the sharpest, so it was about $7.50! I didn't want to turn my posts into an accounting list, esp. since most people here are impressed by how much you can spend on a funnybook, not how little.

Can you reliably tell Drucker from Oksner -- and Fitzgerald while we're at it?

Jack

This particular one was the oldest in the batch and one of the sharpest, so it was about $7.50! I didn't want to turn my posts into an accounting list, esp. since most people here are impressed by how much you can spend on a funnybook, not how little.

sign-funnypost.gif