• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay 5 cent fee today

22 posts in this topic

Are BINs free today?

Do you need a new trash can?

Get it? BIN, as in trash bin? Ahh, nevermind. yeahok.gif

That joke would go over better with the Brits. We Yanks don't use the word "trash bin". Thus, your joke was "Lost in Translation". insane.gif

As there appear to be many,many people participating in the organized two week boycott of e-Bay,ths seems to be their response.

They could have free listings day,as far as I'm concerned.I'm not even bothering to look at their sites for now.

Organized Boycott?? First I've heard of this, why are people boycotting is it because EBAY makes a tonne of money despite:

1. Some of the worst customer service in the world.

2. Harboring 100s of known and up and coming fraud perpetrators.

3. Taking almost zero responsibility for points 1 and 2.

Please feel free to add to this list........

Belive or not eBay is only charging 5 cents today to list Auction Style or Fixed Price listings. Wow the lowest I've seen them charge in years!

Sorry you missed Free Listing Day the past couple years... smile.gif

Nope I didn't miss it, what I meant is that this is the cheapest they had fees for since a while. They didn't have free listing day last year, instead it was 10 cents listing day...

Organized Boycott?? First I've heard of this, why are people boycotting is it because EBAY makes a tonne of money despite:

Do newspapers take responsibility for the actions of sellers and buyers who place classified ads? Doubtful. So why is eBay more liable? At the end of the day, they're really just a big global classified ads section.

Ah yes, five cent day...when everyone posts the books they didn't sell the last five cent day, and the five cent day before that, and before that...

Exactly! 27_laughing.gif

And to think I was considering listing an auction for my stack of 130 $1.00 bin books. I doubt I'd even get $5.00 for them on top of shipping.

Do newspapers take responsibility for the actions of sellers and buyers who place classified ads? Doubtful. So why is eBay more liable? At the end of the day, they're really just a big global classified ads section.

Any trade magazine or newspaper I've dealt with has taken responsibility for the ads they sold.CBG,Tuff Stuff,CCD and many others ban sellers that have bad track records.They award good sellers.

The boycott was called in response to the 30-100% raise in fees that e-Bay recently imposed on certain sellers.