• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pink pages on a silver age Marvel?

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a copy of ASM #41 where CGC has designated the page quality "CREAM TO PINK." I did a little looking around and I see examples of Pink pages in some older books, mostly golden age, but I haven't really seen this in silver age marvel books. Is this unusual? Is it an error? Is anyone aware of other examples? Thanks!

KMbvXB5.jpg

Very strange. Can't say that I've seen that before.

Usually, to get "pink" in the page color designation, the book has to be printed on pink paper to start with (thus, you usually see this on Golden Age Fox titles).

I suppose it's possible to get pink if the cover has lots of red on it, and there is significant transfer into the interior pages. But I can't believe that the ASM 41 has enough red on the cover inks to pull that off.

I'm leaning towards an error.

Yep, label error. Someone at CGC probably clicked the Cream to Pink box rather than the Cream to Off White box when the book was being graded and it went through QC unnoticed.