• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy #8 (1950) First appearance of Superbaby!

15 posts in this topic

When the Superbaby movie comes out, you will all wish you bought this book! lol

For sale is an old label CGC 3.5 copy (no longer in slab, label included) of Superboy #8, the first appearance of Superman/Superboy as a baby. This has been in my collection for many years. This book is scarce in any grade and nearly impossible to find in higher grades.

An ungraded VG+ copy sold on Heritage last year for over $500.

My copy is priced at $225 which includes USPS priority mail in the US. Anywhere else is exact shipping costs.

Any form of payment is okay.

Thanks for looking!

sb8cgca.jpg

sb8cgcb.jpg

sb8cgcc.jpg

I am playing the long shot here, I am looking for Silver the original poster. If you still have that comic I am willing to buy it. I will go with a newer price on your part seeing as this post is a couple of years old.

I wish I did, but pretty sure it sold not long after this post in a PM. I got an upgrade and I don't typically hold on to my under copies once I do. I feel confident in saying it is the toughest issue to find in any any grade of the first 16 (52 pagers). My upgrade is a 6.0 and I would upgrade again if I saw one higher but I haven't.

sb8a.jpg

Edited by Silver

Would you be interested in selling that 6.0 copy? I have found two of the three I'm missing to complete my Superboy collection. Two of those three are auctions in progress which I hope to win so I'll only need the number eight to finish it off. There is an 8.0 upcoming auction on Heritage, however I have never dealt with them and to set up an account and deal with how they run there auction is way different than eBay, comic connect etc and I probably would screw up.Let me know if you would consider selling.

Who knows, that 8.0 surprised me since it wasn't even census highest. I think a high grade 5 would kill based on that auction, almost as tough and a much better cover. I’m happy for rd-bar, I know what a great felling it is to complete that set given it ran for 30 years and 259 issues.

I wonder who I sold that 3.5 too? Maybe comicdonna, I think I sold him a few of my undercopies.