• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie Screwed Up. Looking for help

81 posts in this topic

In trying to participate in the Pay it Forward thread, I was informed, politely by most, that I offered garbage. :)

This led me to the realization that I really don't have a clear understanding of what might be valuable in this hobby/investment.

I've been doing google searches and looking at ebay, but what resources do you guys use to help you figure out if a comic is worth buying, or if you should sell one you already own?

Also, how do you know what would be considered valuable in something like the PIF thread?

Any help is much appreciated.

You can check ebay sold listings and books that are worth at least $50 should be suitable for the PIF thread.

But just because one book sold for that isn't enough-it has to be the consistent sold value for several copies of that book.

In trying to participate in the Pay it Forward thread, I was informed, politely by most, that I offered garbage. :)

This led me to the realization that I really don't have a clear understanding of what might be valuable in this hobby/investment.

I've been doing google searches and looking at ebay, but what resources do you guys use to help you figure out if a comic is worth buying, or if you should sell one you already own?

Also, how do you know what would be considered valuable in something like the PIF thread?

Any help is much appreciated.

:facepalm:

How much help do you need to know that a Kid N' Play # 1 is not valuable just because it is a number 1?

NOOOOO Not the memes! That takes away from the fun provided by the OP's comments.
giphy.gif

That one is ok because it's on topic! :D

How much help do you need to know that a Kid N' Play # 1 is not valuable just because it is a number 1?

Rumor has it that Crossbones and Silver Samurai are going to be in House Party 8. I wouldn't dismiss his generous offer so quickly.

Just PM some of your favorite people here on the boards........better yet just start a mass PM with all of them....

All joking aside when I want to check the value I look on ebay.... not perfect but a good gauge.I might even PM someone that I know that collects the book.

I might even PM someone that I know that collects the book.

I don't know anyone that collects doosh chills. hm

I got about 15 seconds into this video before my testicles retreated in horror into my abdominal cavity.