• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Lot Auction BIN hit, closed.

39 posts in this topic

Pictures coming soon... ;)

The suspense is killing me. I never know how these will be received. One time I included two identical items in two boxes. One guy was like- OMG, how did you know Swamp Thing was my favorite character and this is such a kool item. Where did you get it. The other guy was like- could have done without the cheesy point of sale display.

"Box 1 will be a priority box with around 40 comics, all in nice shape, with 12 cent to 35 cent covers. No junk, all Marvel or DC, with the majority being Marvels. A bunch will be VF- or better. At least six #1 or key issues included. Overstreet value in grade will be at least $500. Avengers, X-Men, Spidey, FF, TOS, TTA, Batman, JLA, Titans, ect, ect. Obviously the BA books will grade higher than the SA books. All comics ship in mylar or mylite2s, with boards"

2015-06-17%2020.32.05_zps498ydqbv.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.31.08_zps9nqnqz9q.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.31.02_zpsxumzrlrl.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.29.43_zpsjprcqwzm.jpg

For everybody watching, are the pictures all coming in right side up? Or are some of them upside down? I rotated them in photobucket, and three of them are upside down for me, but that may be because that's how they originally were for me and that's what's still in my cache.

"Box 3 will include 5 CGC slabbed books from various eras, with a couple of 9.8s, three( or more) pages of OA from major publishers, a signed Russ Heath print, a signed Arthur Sudyham print, a convention sketch or two and a few retailer only posters. I'll put this box in the $400plus range- not sure what the OA is going for these days."

These actually came in 2 boxes. :)

2015-06-17%2019.27.46_zpsvvogrb0d.jpg

2015-06-17%2019.26.28_zps1fvqyyaz.jpg

The DD 168 extra is included in those slabs.

2015-06-17%2020.28.05_zpsrr3mpwx6.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.27.52_zpsp4tng1al.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.27.18_zps4rglny4m.jpg

2015-06-17%2020.26.16_zpsxhi2r5sf.jpg

2015-06-172020.27.04_zpstnkj6mbu.jpg

2015-06-172020.26.47_zpsr9sihci0.jpg

2015-06-172020.26.33_zpsh0zgttvm.jpg

"Box 3 will include 5 CGC slabbed books from various eras, with a couple of 9.8s, three( or more) pages of OA from major publishers, a signed Russ Heath print, a signed Arthur Sudyham print, a convention sketch or two and a few retailer only posters. I'll put this box in the $400plus range- not sure what the OA is going for these days."

Are the "couple 9.8's" missing? Or a typo?

There were not actually any 9.8s, but that doesn't bother me. I've dealt with Bill many times and I know that was just an oversight on his part. But the value is there for the overall deal, so I'm not offended. (thumbs u

Let me put it another way, if you had won this mystery box auction and if the missing 9.8s were a problem, Bill would make it right. (thumbs u

Let me put it this way- I noticed this myself and the 9.8s are on the way.

:applause:

I was actually hoping your mystery boxes sucked so I wouldn't be tempted next time. No such luck.

I suppose I could make up one that sucked so you wouldn't be tempted to buy a second., but it would be against my nature.

Two of the keys books in this box - Defenders 10 and Avengers 14 are obscured in the photos, by the way.

I saw the Avengers #14 (and it looks really nice from the photo); also saw a GS Defenders #1 and what I think is a Werewolf by Night #1. Oh, and an Amazing Adventures and Nick Fury #1 (one of my favorite covers).

Can't make out a Defenders #10 (not saying it's not in there).

I saw the Avengers #14 (and it looks really nice from the photo); also saw a GS Defenders #1 and what I think is a Werewolf by Night #1. Oh, and an Amazing Adventures and Nick Fury #1 (one of my favorite covers).

I accidentally left the Defenders #10 out of the pics, but I do have it. :)

trying to drive down the bidding price on the next mystery boxes so you can swoop them??? smart.

trying to drive down the bidding price on the next mystery boxes so you can swoop them??? smart.

:blush: No, I would never...