• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone here ever advertised in an actual comic book?

4 posts in this topic

Many dealers place annual ads in the OPG, and while they were being published, the Buyers Guide and other collector targeted magazines such as Alter Ego, but that's not where I'm going with this. Back in the sixties and seventies a number of inspired entrepreneurs (Howard Rogofsky and Robert Bell among the first) made history by reaching out to the untapped mail order collector market. In a way, these guys were instrumental in building fandom through buying and selling back issues. I'm unaware of any marketing equivalents today.

I'm just curious if anyone still does this? It's hard to see how advertising in comic books today would be profitable based on reduced circulation and higher costs, but it ought to be worth bragging rights for those who've made the effort.

Any thoughts on this? hm

No comic book.

I did get this in 1986 87 and 88 fot selling my Actions 2-3-4-7-9-10-11 and so on.

Detectives 1-3-4-5-10 few coverless 27 3or 5 Tec 28s few 29s lot of 34s and up.

Cap 1 Sup 1 had a lot sup 1s and Bat 1s but only sold my vg copy of both Sup 1 Bat 1missing back cover They did me a great service? :preach:

CBG_zpscbptdhzg.jpg

I used to buy from Chuck's ads in the late 70s early 80s.

So did I, from his tabloid Mile High/Church collection catalog. (thumbs u

I advertised in local newspapers to buy collections back in the late 70s with moderate success. Only once advertised in a comic book.