• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This why we can't have nice things.

80 posts in this topic

And this is why we can't have nice things.

You all, can, frankly, go pound sand.

I put the announcement for the VCC - which is done for the benefit of the forum - in all the main areas so more people would see it. There was no reason other than that.

I truly enjoy spending hours of my life moderating something because I think I'm helping the community and then getting mess for it.

do it yourself.

I'm sure lots of people appreciate it. However it doesn't diminish the fact that there is a place for announcements and if other people were to try and announce something it would get deleted.

Therein lies the age old problem on here that is appears some are priviledged.

To stay somewhat within the rules but not leave the door open, why not create a sticky thread on this sub-forum just for VCC, accessible by just the organizers. Every time there is one coming then bump it. Otherwise it appears that some people can do what they want and people are going to get upset.

I'm sure lots of people appreciate it. However it doesn't diminish the fact that there is a place for announcements and if other people were to try and announce something it would get deleted.

Therein lies the age old problem on here that is appears some are priviledged.

To stay somewhat within the rules but not leave the door open, why not create a sticky thread on this sub-forum just for VCC, accessible by just the organizers. Every time there is one coming then bump it. Otherwise it appears that some people can do what they want and people are going to get upset.

+1

:banana: Donuts and VCC

Got my vote for the 31 flavors dude as the official mascot.

While there is an announcement thread, I don't see the problem announcing the VCC in any of the sales forums. Perhaps it may hamper listings that go up that weekend, but I would imagine it would do so regardless if it was just in the announcements. As stated however, some folks didn't know it existed until they saw it in this thread. Donut isn't the only guy selling in it either.

No harm, no foul. Peace, love, comics and donuts!

It's not about how many times there is a VCC or who is posting or it hampering sales etc. Or if lots of people apprec it or benefit from it, etc,etc, etc.

The point is an announcement thread was made in the selling threads.

So now when someone else does an announcement what is stop them from saying ...

Why can't I do it etc etc.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander etc etc.

Don't you see where this can go.

Rules are here for a reason.

However, as I also said why not make the VCC post one special circumstance. Only posted to by the organizers like Donut who generously donate their time. Make the post a sticky. Something to show this is not breaking the rules.

Mountains from mole hills. This happens, what, two or three times a year? And it will pollute the sales forums somehow?

I understand that. But if you are a "Mod" then set the example either one way or the other that's all I'm saying.

I've been here quite awhile (over a decade) where threads that were posted that were on topic got booted either to a different board or nixed all together.

I understand that there wants to be a bugle blower for the VC, and that's cool, but if there is is going to be a standard then set the example for what a particular boards allow, that's all I'm saying.

Over in CG there are posts that survived that are about pets and that's cool and all, but when I broke my arm and wanted to solidify deals by making an announcement in CG and it got booted to the WC within 5 minutes!...

Well that sucked - and I've never asked for anything around here...

I know I have been a fire starter in the past, but that is behind me now.

All I want is to be on par. that's not too much to ask. Is it Dan?

(shrug)

While you guys are technically correct, the reason for those rules are to stop people who go against the spirit of this forum by stealing real estate space in the wrong places or abuse the system. Donut's post is directly made to support the spirit of this forum and reinforces it.

Personally, I think the VCC was a brilliant idea to start with, I get excited every time there's a VCC (and I don't sell there much or shop there anymore, I just get excited because it's a special thing for this forum), I think Donut meant his post in this way and I think that it's a grey area but one where I am OK with bending the rules a little because it makes this place better for everyone.

Who's disputing the VCC?

And as I've mentioned I applaud Donut for his efforts on it. And Sharon and others for the donation threads and then those that spend their time moderating on the probation threads. But everything has a place and rules were made for a reason.

I agree it's for the benefit of the forum. So let's change the rules a bit for the VCC post, that way it's not breaking them.

Who's disputing the VCC?

And as I've mentioned I applaud Donut for his efforts on it. And Sharon and others for the donation threads and then those that spend their time moderating on the probation threads. But everything has a place and rules were made for a reason.

I agree it's for the benefit of the forum. So let's change the rules a bit for the VCC post, that way it's not breaking them.

+1

I put the announcement for the VCC - which is done for the benefit of the forum - in all the main areas so more people would see it. There was no reason other than that.

I think you did the right thing for all the right reasons. In the past I have stated I totally missed the VCC because I did not see an announcement. This time, the announcements were very visible.

Thank you !