• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This why we can't have nice things.

80 posts in this topic

Wow. Just wow. Are we going to start to have people complain when charity threads are in GSB and include moderns? Yes there are rules here. There are also exceptions to those rules when they benefit the community.

Complaining about this thread is like complaining someone crossed a yellow line in a parking lot.

I agree that Shin and Dan should be applauded as Forum heroes and legends for putting this on multiple times a year for so many years. They have family, they have jobs, they have lives and they put aside hours of their lives to run the VCC for the community.

Or maybe we should start ticketing people who drive across yellow lines in the public parking lot. lol

Thank You Dan for the announcement or whatever this was at one time. I vote that Dan or Shin get to post whatever they want where ever they want to get the word out on the event. And now if Greggy will dig out some of his Junkie Drekkie books and have a booth :baiting: .

I'll also heavily back Dan & Shin for the great work on & dedication to the mighty VCC. It's awesome. I participated for the first time during VCC #30 and not only did well but had a blast in the process. I look forward to setting up my booth for this weekend. Button humpers should go hump yourselves instead. :sumo:

Dan, to quote the great Taylor Swift:

"Haters gonna hate"

Some people have nothing better to do than complain about everything.

I appreciate all that you and Shin do to keep the VCC sales going!

And this is why we can't have nice things.

You all, can, frankly, go pound sand.

I put the announcement for the VCC - which is done for the benefit of the forum - in all the main areas so more people would see it. There was no reason other than that.

I truly enjoy spending hours of my life moderating something because I think I'm helping the community and then getting mess for it.

do it yourself.

Dan, don't let this get to you. This is the land of the socially inept. The can't see the forest for the trees crowd.

I do suggest one thing however, your VCC booth should be stocked entirely with doors.

From what I've seen around here we have an excess supply of knobs.

The VCC is for the community. It's a major event here. It's not for the benefit of one person, but brings together many sellers and buyers to one place. It is a huge effort in organizing and running that I would never want to take on so I applaud FlyingDonut, sckao and the other involved in organizing it. :applause:

I view the Boards via "Watched Forums" and "Watched Topics" so when all of the announcements were made there was a list running down the page with the same header. At first my reaction was - another VCC! :banana: Then I saw all of the posts and thought :eek: some people are going to be butthurt.

Some members here ONLY go in the GA forum, or SA forum, etc. Some hang out in Comics General. Still others in the sales subroums. FlyingDonut made sure to include everyone.

This talk of breaking rules and it shouldn't be ok for some and not others - :eyeroll: The VCC is meant to include EVERYONE. Who cares if for a few days there are multiple threads in multiple forums. Let it go.

Keep doing what you do Donut! :headbang:

+1

Or maybe we should start ticketing people who drive across yellow lines in the public parking lot.

We should definitely arrest all those brainless maroons who rip and weave through parking lots at high-speed like the yellow lines don't even exist.

So for all of you who don't know that you can just type in a new title for your post...when you respond, change the title so it mentions the VCC, you can all do it...

I do admit the "Can't have nice things" title got more traffic.

:o Maybe it was a brilliant marketing plan between Donut and whomever was complaining:) (worship)

:o Maybe it was a brilliant marketing plan between Donut and whomever was complaining:) (worship)

BRAVO!

Hah! Maybe for an encore he can pin the announcement in the Water Cooler and get the Coinees dropping duckets in the con as well!

:roflmao:

and yes I agree Glenn, this thread served it's purpose and then some!

(thumbs u

So for all of you who don't know that you can just type in a new title for your post...when you respond, change the title so it mentions the VCC, you can all do it...

I do admit the "Can't have nice things" title got more traffic.

Or we could set our custom titles!

Celebrating birthdays in the WC is more akin to celebrating office birthdays at a different business in a building across the street. Many of us never go there.
No - that would be putting birthday threads in mixed

The VCC is for the community. It's a major event here. It's not for the benefit of one person, but brings together many sellers and buyers to one place. It is a huge effort in organizing and running that I would never want to take on so I applaud FlyingDonut, sckao and the other involved in organizing it. :applause:

And it's also very fun… Like a real convention. (thumbs u