• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you carrying?

9 posts in this topic

R.I.P. Rothco Messenger Bag

After many trips back and forth to comic cons, travel, work through the snow, rain, hail, wind and worst of all the NYC Subway System, my Rothco bag is set to go to the farm where all the other old messenger bags go to play and relax after they are no longer working.

Either way, I noticed a week ago that my messenger bag which I purchased 7 or 8 years ago has seen better days and perhaps it was time to replace it. This $25 bag has held up better than any "business model" bag that I have had to buy and has proven to be more durable and manageable. It has always been my go to bag whenever I needed to commute.

I will miss it, and it deserved a memoriam post before it is laid to rest as an asset in the trunk of my car should I ever require it to come back into service again.

It's replacement is laid out next to it and it will be called into duty soon. By the way, the new bag is the exact same color and model as the old one. The sun has played a number on it.

16680.jpg

See more journals by Buzzetta

I have a big black leather bag.

The handle broke off but the over the shoulder strap is adjustable and can hold a lot of weight.

I bought it before starting my MBA program because it could hold at least two of the huge textbooks that I was going to need.

Ha - in terms of color, the interior of the original bag is far closer to the exterior of the new bag. This is being called into action for work this morning though. During the past few winters though my LLBean is my go to bag which will also be utilized in the upcoming zombie apocolypse.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-12%20at%204.56.21%20AM.png

Haha this is such a great journal! I love backpacks!

I tried using a messenger bag after I graduated college to look more "professional," but I just LOVE the feel of a backpack. It's so easy to carry around with you and they fit so much stuff. Well, I'm a basketball guy so I just picked up this Under Armour Storm Backpack a few weeks ago and absolutely love it:

1256954-040-f_4499_1883.jpg

My new backpack replaced my old Northface Borealis that I had for 9 years. The thing was a beast.

Since I wheel a box around with my books for autographing, I wear a "murse", that is a man-purse. It hold my keys, wallet and by iPad snugly. It hasn't caught on in the U.S. but I saw men using them while on vacation in Europe.

James

I need to take a picture of mine. I've had it for like 15 years & it's still killing. Triple 5 Soul bag with a built in chair. Great for being out or at a con or airport (before they started putting outlets/charging stations anywhere near where people would actually sit at their gates) Never have to hunt for a seat.

Built in seat? Believe me I am not poo-pooing you on it. I am trying to wrap my mind around the engineering to pull it off. Picture please.

I have gotten to the age where I stopped giving a damn what others think. I got on the Long Island railroad the other day and it was an hour express to my destination. There were NO seats available. I shrugged and sat on the floor next to the outlet. I plugged my phone in and waited it out.

Me on floor with old bag.

78DA6065-4291-4D29-9276-847D3E7C68C0.jpg

Built in seat? Believe me I am not poo-pooing you on it. I am trying to wrap my mind around the engineering to pull it off. Picture please.

I have gotten to the age where I stopped giving a damn what others think. I got on the Long Island railroad the other day and it was an hour express to my destination. There were NO seats available. I shrugged and sat on the floor next to the outlet. I plugged my phone in and waited it out.

Me on floor with old bag.

78DA6065-4291-4D29-9276-847D3E7C68C0.jpg

Best of luck finding one. I can't even find a picture online of it, much less for sale anywhere.

3F70943C-6B52-45C9-97A7-9CFB0D8C80FD_zpszmu2ynhp.jpg

71F80871-A04B-4CE0-9806-6B74815C8A74_zps0gvuq6nq.jpg