• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best software for comic management?

12 posts in this topic

I was looking for a spreadsheet type of software to help me keep track of my books.

I flip and buy so many that just depending on my memory is ignorant.

I want a spreadsheet type of software that would add a line alphabetically to a long list.

Ex. you already have a long list of hundreds and you get a new book and want to add a line to be automatically added alphabetically.

any favorites out there?

I was thinking just a excel dock but I don't know the best procedure for creating a line to be alphabetically inserted.

Any help would be definitely be appreciated.

WL

I think you'd just be looking at an excel sheet with a template built in that auto-organized the title column by name, the issue column by #, and so-on while also tying the cells to each other so they don't get jumbled & an issue column cell ends up tied to the wrong title column cell.

I don't know my excel good enough to make that though. I just use the CLZ app on my phone & laptop. Works for me.

If you put filters in the excel tab you can put the new item at the bottom and sort alphabetically whenever you want.

maybe excel is the right choice. I don't give microsoft enough credit at times...

Is it difficult to say remove a row buy cutting it to be placed in another excel dock?

Like I sell a book and decide to cut it from the for sale list and add it to am items sold version of another doc?

hm

Excel is your friend, Wally. It's like when they say we only use X % of our brain's capacity (whether true, I don't know), but most people use excel like a calculator. There's so much more to it, and I learn a new trick/function/application daily.

If you put filters in the excel tab you can put the new item at the bottom and sort alphabetically whenever you want.

maybe excel is the right choice. I don't give microsoft enough credit at times...

Is it difficult to say remove a row buy cutting it to be placed in another excel dock?

Like I sell a book and decide to cut it from the for sale list and add it to am items sold version of another doc?

hm

If you cut a row from the middle of your "inventory" tab and paste it to your "sold tab" make sure to insert when you paste (this will cause the rows below to move up one). If you simply cut and paste without inserting you will have a blank row where the sold book was.

collectorz has bar code scanner for the new comics.

Also you can enter price and where you purchased. Once sold you can enter the price and date sold. On PC/MAC and mobile.

Also calculates the amount gain or loss within your collection when you sell.

collectorz has bar code scanner for the new comics.

Also you can enter price and where you purchased. Once sold you can enter the price and date sold. On PC/MAC and mobile.

Also calculates the amount gain or loss within your collection when you sell.

+1 on Collectorz