• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Gerber Question- Feature #26 "Half-Issue"

2 posts in this topic

So there's been a rash of Gerber Guide related posts recently which I think is great- if for no other reason but that I don't own them and these threads have pretty much convinced me that I need to invest soon...

That aside, I had a couple of quick questions for anybody who does own them about the Feature Comics #26 "Half Issues". These are listed in OS and a brief description is given- it claims that two variants exist, each containing half of the contents of the regular Feature #26; they have a single color heavy paper cover with the issue number removed.. I'm lucky enough to own one of each variant and I recently started thinking about exactly how "scarce" they are considered (this was pretty much prompted by a PM from another board-memebr looking for some info on these). So, I'm curious if they are listed in the GG, and if so what the scarcity rating is and if they are pictured, what color is the cover? One of the ones I have has a blue cover (what I refer to as "26A") and the other has a red cover ("26B"). AT one point I was offered a "26A" with a red cover, so I'm a little curious if other variants exist as far as contents to cover color. Any Gerber or other info would be appreciated. Finally, for anyone who's never seen these, here are some scans:

"26A"- Contains Jane Arden, Captain Fortune, Big Top, Mickey Finn, The Bungle Family, Ned Brant, Toddy, Reynolds of the Mounted, Slim and Tubby, "Cove of the Beast" text story, Lala Palooza, Rube Goldberg's Side Show, Off-Side, and the 1st page of a Charlie Chan story.

feature_26A.jpg

"26B"- Contains Joe Palooka, Jane Arden, Ned Brant, Rube Goldberg's Side Show, The Clock, They're Still Talking, Dixie Dugan, Rance Keane, Toddy, and the rest of the Charlie Chan story.

feature_26B.jpg

At some point I also need to make sense of the story/page order. My intital feeling (based on the story break-down given on the GCD) is that the order of the "leafs" doesn't really make sense if these were just assembled from remaindered copies. I have to really go through them at some point and figure out the how these pages could have been assembled into the full issue. I can't think of any reason they would have done a separate print-run just for this with differently ordered pages.