• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Action Comics #242

16 posts in this topic

The pride and joy of my collection...so what do you think this would grade?

Page color ranges from Off-White to Tan. I'd say about a 6 or a 7 on the OWL card scale, if anyone still has those kicking around.

Cover and centerfold firmly attached.

No color touch that I could see with my blacklight.

AC242f_zpsqvbp15iz.jpg

AC242b_zpsajsfukbo.jpg

This will be one of the first books that I finally send in to get slabbed as soon as I have extra cash to spend and no comics to buy.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I've got it as a 3.5, 4.0 potentially with the GA bump. Are you planning on having them press it before grading? I am not certain if that would help, just curious. Really nice color on this book.

Wasn't looking at getting a press. I kinda like keeping books in the shape they where in when I found them....good or bad!

4.5 was what I was thinking, but then again it's my book, so I'm sure I'm biased.

4.0 seems about right.

Just got this back from CGC last week, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it graded a full point higher than what I was hoping for!

IMG_3415_zpsu1tgreli.jpg

So "pleasantly surprised" is a bit of an understatement...spooning thrilled is more like it!!