• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch covers shouldnt have grades...

59 posts in this topic

um...

Like... Yeah!

Discuss :sumo:

hmmm.....a coincidence. I was just reading a press release regarding the same.

Doesn't CGC already have an NG designation for just such a situation where a submitter doesn't want a grade on an item but just to have it slabbed and certified?

um...

Like... Yeah!

Discuss :sumo:

hmmm.....a coincidence. I was just reading a press release regarding the same.

Doesn't CGC already have an NG designation for just such a situation where a submitter doesn't want a grade on an item but just to have it slabbed and certified?

My understanding is that NG designation is for non comics I.e. if add a blank to the book, if it's just a piece of paper etc. I don't think you can elect a book not to be graded, but not 100% on this.

He's referring to the other company announcement today.

It's a good idea.

Got a link?

(shrug)

breakfast.jpg

Let's all take a few and admire Erndogs sig line.

I know some find anything less than a 9.8 something they do not want to own. Even with a sketch on it. I recently subbed a book Alex Maleev did for me of Batman and it likely won't pull a 9.8 but I will be very happy with it.

He's referring to the other company announcement today.

It's a good idea.

Got a link?

(shrug)

breakfast.jpg

Let's all take a few and admire Erndogs sig line.

I know some find anything less than a 9.8 something they do not want to own. Even with a sketch on it. I recently subbed a book Alex Maleev did for me of Batman and it likely won't pull a 9.8 but I will be very happy with it.

Thanks for the kind words.

As a guy who does collect sketches (clearly) I couldn't care any less about the grade. When I get a sketch done, I have my fingers crossed the entire time they knock the *sketch* out of the park. The grade is secondary. Heck, if it comes back a 9.0 I wouldn't even flinch.

My entire mantra is "give me a good sketch dammit!"

I tracked down the news. I would think it would be used quite frequently. I'd imagine CGC may follow suite. I'm sure many would love to have this as an option for OA such as done on backing boards, or even 11x17's. I personally prefer to frame those though but would take the skepticism out of buying OA on the secondary market. Even if it were to crack it open and frame it.

I tracked down the news. I would think it would be used quite frequently. I'd imagine CGC may follow suite. I'm sure many would love to have this as an option for OA such as done on backing boards, or even 11x17's. I personally prefer to frame those though but would take the skepticism out of buying OA on the secondary market. Even if it were to crack it open and frame it.

thought for sure I'd seen some CGC slabs with steranko sketches on backing boards (or even larger) for sale in the past...

[with NG grades]

CGC already has an option for slabbing backing boards which don't result in them being graded.

I don't understand why a comic book that has been sketched on shouldn't be graded like any other comic book - if you're just looking for a way to display your sketches, there are plenty of cheaper, better ways to do so than sending them off to be slabbed. Heck, why not just buy OA to begin with?