• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, How do you guys organize your comics, and how many series do you collect?

51 posts in this topic

I don't. :tonofbricks:

Oh come on, you must have some organization. I see you post comics all the time that fit themes/clubs.

I have a lot of long boxes that are A-Z in order. To find stuff sometimes is a PAIN in da but. One day I will put it all in order. Will take a long time but I would really like to know where everything is, and have all titles stored together. Took three weeks vacation in August. I plan on spending some of those days fixing my collection. :cloud9:

After 3 weeks fixing your collection bro, it will be 3 months fixing your back :tonofbricks:

You are 100% right on that one Kevin! Last time I attempted to organize stuff, I gave up after three days. But I have a lot more space in the new house to attempt to do it again, so I am hoping for a painless process. :wishluck:

I don't. :tonofbricks:

Oh come on, you must have some organization. I see you post comics all the time that fit themes/clubs.

I have a lot of long boxes that are A-Z in order. To find stuff sometimes is a PAIN in da but. One day I will put it all in order. Will take a long time but I would really like to know where everything is, and have all titles stored together. Took three weeks vacation in August. I plan on spending some of those days fixing my collection. :cloud9:

After 3 weeks fixing your collection bro, it will be 3 months fixing your back :tonofbricks:

Nah. He gets plenty of exercise carrying people out of burning buildings.

lol:hi::headbang:

I now have 107 long boxes and 35 CGC boxes full. I no longer try to organize by title, as that would mean having dozens of half full boxes around. I fill one box at a time, and then start another. I rely on my computer program to track everything, so I can pull out any given issue at any time.

I do keep some boxes more by subject, like golden age box (magazine boxes as they are wider) or DC Silver age or Marvel Silver age, for the more valuable books.

comiccollectorbox0001.jpg

I'm currently only collecting 6 current titles (plus anything with Hellboy).

Then there are miscellaneous back issues that I collect (Maybe another 6). I use excel spread sheets. I line-item each cover and variant by name. I notate how much I paid, when I bought it (but not where) It's mainly to keep track of missing issues/variants. I'm a completest and a bit OCD.

I prefer short boxes as they tend to hold either a complete title runs that I collect or possibly multiples with dividers. I keep all of my books in resealable poly bags (I hate tape on polys) or mylite 2s or 4s (with tape).

I also like the short boxes because they are also easy to move around without straining my back. Boxes are labeled with title text. And I like their footprint better than a long box.

17003559612_86e90db767_z.jpg

Boxes also have dividers if they hold multiple titles.

18915651886_10dbdf32f4_c.jpg

When organizing comic consider the size of your runs that you're collecting (including variants or multiples).

Short boxes hold about 130-140 comic books if they are individually bagged and boarded. Long boxes hold about 300. But some people put 2 comics in a bag with a board separating them. That way they can get even more comics in the same sized box and don't have to spend hundreds on bags and boards.

The bags I use are too snug to put 2 per bag. So consider the bags your buying, no matter which route you go.

Hey Gang,

First I'm bumping this thread instead of making another thread. Thanks Fire for the pics and ideas.

After many years of collecting, I'm trying to organize my collection, and had a question for you boardies. Months ago, someone posted an awesome idea using filing cabinet type tabs for short boxes. Basically it was an adhesive holder, and you could slip paper to let you know what was in the short boxes (that way you don't have to mark on the lids like I have). I have looked online at staples, and hobby lobby and cannot find what they used.

I even looked here: http://www.tab.com/filing-equipment/color-coded-file-labels/

If that boardie, or anyone else knows what I'm talking about, please lmk where to buy these! Also if anyone else has advice about such a huge project, I'd be grateful!

These?

link

Those weren't the ones, but those will do!! Thanks!

Any other tips not covered in this thread already? I am going to use comicbase as well, seems ok.

I'm an organizing manaic,part of the OCD you know. :pullhair: