• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southern Bastards optioned to FX

39 posts in this topic

Remember how many copies of SB #1 has back cover spine grabber marks the day it was released? Not saying that 9.8s are rare, but harder to find than the average new issue

SCALPED was picked up by WGN last year? I don't believe a time line from pick up to tv can be achieved under 2 years. Remember walking dead took 5 Years.

The Strain?

Daredevil?

Talking about big budget production houses in Netflix + Marvel and FX - Don't get me wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 years min is not out of the norm for most programs.

Remember how many copies of SB #1 has back cover spine grabber marks the day it was released? Not saying that 9.8s are rare, but harder to find than the average new issue

none of mine have marks on the back

SCALPED was picked up by WGN last year? I don't believe a time line from pick up to tv can be achieved under 2 years. Remember walking dead took 5 Years.

The Strain?

Daredevil?

Talking about big budget production houses in Netflix + Marvel and FX - Don't get me wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 years min is not out of the norm for most programs.

The difference is the term "optioned". When some things are optioned they come with a writer and/or producer. Sometimes it takes a year to get those two on board. That's where the real difference comes into play.

Guillermo Del Torro turned his -script in for the Justice League Dark movie in Nov. last year and nothing has been announced since then.