• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art day: BWS Weapon X and Mignola Wolverine

7 posts in this topic

After working on these deals for quite a while, I'm happy to have some pretty great stuff to share, three of which involve iconic representations of everyone's favorite short-statured and short-tempered mutant, Wolverine.

Given that they are in short supply and always in high demand, I honestly never thought I'd be lucky enough to have a Weapon X page in my collection--and in the process I also managed to score a cover variation for the story's concluding chapter in Marvel Comics Presents.

And as much as I love those pages, my favorite Wolvie page in my collection is probably the new page I just got from Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure by Mike Mignola--one of both my favorite works by Mignola and my fave Wolverine stories.

Finally, while it's maybe an odd match with my trio of Wolverine pages, I'm also very excited to have finally picked up a piece by Kevin Nowlan--a Supergirl pin-up that is probably the most beautiful piece of art in my collection. Thanks to Kelvin Mao for making this page available to me, it is truly stunning in person!

You can check out my update here if you're so inclined:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=1498

Thanks for looking,

Jeremy

Thanks Travis! I bought the art from Barry's representative but wanted some extra background on the cover--she passed my questions on to Barry, who wrote back a pretty lengthy reply. Despite some of the stories I've heard, they were quite easy to deal all the way through...