• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q: eBay Top Rated Plus shipping discounts?

28 posts in this topic

I don't know how they do it but I occasionally will get a package from someone sent first class that weighs almost 13 ounces but they have paid for 8 ounces according to the label.

I was watching a youtube video on eBay shipping before and the guy flat out says he always under represents the wright of the packages he sends -- though he was talking about a n ounce or so-- not 5. But somehow-- it got to me so I guess it doesn't get caught.

It's a risk they take. Not worth it for us but diff strokes for diff folks...

Could you do us a favor and check how much is 15oz regular Prio Mail is from NYC to L.A.? NP if you're busy.

Okay, going through eBay I can only calculate from my location, but since I'm near DC, it's probably going to be the same zones. I show $6.25 for a 15oz package Priority mail from here to LA.

(I checked on the USPS website for here-LA and NYC-LA, and the price was the same for both, $6.51, so my figure above should be right for you.)

I don't know how they do it but I occasionally will get a package from someone sent first class that weighs almost 13 ounces but they have paid for 8 ounces according to the label.

I was watching a youtube video on eBay shipping before and the guy flat out says he always under represents the wright of the packages he sends -- though he was talking about a n ounce or so-- not 5. But somehow-- it got to me so I guess it doesn't get caught.

I do it the opposite way, but based on cost. $3.99 shipping means eBay takes 10% from that, so that leaves $3.59. My mailers cost about 60 cents each in the quantities I purchase, so that leaves $2.99 for shipping. A 9-ounce package (one comic) is $2.89 with my discount so that works for me. :)

blackswan - have you looked at Regional Boxes? In a lot of cases they are cheaper than some of the other options. One of the Box A boxes does well for maybe 10-12 comics, and one of the Box B boxes is good for a greater number.

They don't usually have them at the Post Office, but you can order them for free and they get shipped to your address.

Okay, going through eBay I can only calculate from my location, but since I'm near DC, it's probably going to be the same zones. I show $6.25 for a 15oz package Priority mail from here to LA.

(I checked on the USPS website for here-LA and NYC-LA, and the price was the same for both, $6.51, so my figure above should be right for you.)

So no additional discounts for 1st class discount nor Reg Prio Mail..... :mad:

I do it the opposite way, but based on cost. $3.99 shipping means eBay takes 10% from that, so that leaves $3.59. My mailers cost about 60 cents each in the quantities I purchase, so that leaves $2.99 for shipping. A 9-ounce package (one comic) is $2.89 with my discount so that works for me. :)

Same method we use. Was hoping for additional savings as a TRS. :(

blackswan - have you looked at Regional Boxes? In a lot of cases they are cheaper than some of the other options. One of the Box A boxes does well for maybe 10-12 comics, and one of the Box B boxes is good for a greater number.

They don't usually have them at the Post Office, but you can order them for free and they get shipped to your address.

Yes, we use them as needed but not often. Was hoping for 1st class, Media Mail, Reg Prio savings......oh well.

Thanks everyone for the input. (thumbs u

You need to look again - the eBay price was $6.25, while the USPS online price was $6.51. So not a great deal of savings, but something.

You might have gotten confused by my additional detective work - the things that were the same was shipping from my location (Washington DC area) and from NYC. Sorry about that.

You need to look again - the eBay price was $6.25, while the USPS online price was $6.51. So not a great deal of savings, but something.

You might have gotten confused by my additional detective work - the things that were the same was shipping from my location (Washington DC area) and from NYC. Sorry about that.

No worries. Guess FVF savings will make up for the lack of shipping savings. Thx again.