• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finding Key Issues

40 posts in this topic

I think I've asked this question before, but I've forgotten and I can't find the original post.

Is it possible to find a listing of all the key issues of a particular series? For example, I'm thinking about starting to collect Power Man and Iron Fist, as well as Green Lantern and Green Arrow. I have no idea what the keys in either series are. How can I find that information?

Another option is... depending on the age of the book, look for any issue selling for over a certain average dollar amount that the common books sell for.

You could also get an old copy of Wizard price guide…they always signified if the issue was a 1st appearance, cameo, or some other kind of key. Since they are older, the info may not be 100% accurate now (for example Deadpool was not a popular in the early 90s as he is today so NM #98 may not show a huge difference in price compared to other issues.)

I have a copy that I no longer need if you want it…I believe it is issue #15 or so.

You could also get an old copy of Wizard price guide…they always signified if the issue was a 1st appearance, cameo, or some other kind of key. Since they are older, the info may not be 100% accurate now (for example Deadpool was not a popular in the early 90s as he is today so NM #98 may not show a huge difference in price compared to other issues.)

I have a copy that I no longer need if you want it…I believe it is issue #15 or so.

/not sure if serious....

/not sure if serious....

About the using Wizard as a guide or giving him my copy?

Cause I was serious about both.