• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon 2015 report... Pic Heavy

46 posts in this topic

And the fact that she goes to comic shows with you means she is a real keeper!

This. Hot Chick + Loves Comics + Loves Canes = You Lucky Sonofaperson_without_enough_empathy. :thumbsup:

Fixed it.

^^

IMG_0641.jpg

Wow! Is this the original? If yes, how much is he selling it for?

yeah that was the original, It went for a couple grand at the art auction. I think the highest piece was an emma frost painting that sold for 16k

Love how this art is taken from the 1930's.

It's always astonishing to me when dealers talk about their customers to people who they don't know very well.

A perfect example was when I did a show a few months ago. Near the end of the day, I walk over to another table and do the regular small talk (how did you do? sell anything good? etc). I know the dealer -- but not particularly well; I certainly don't consider him a friend.

Anyway, he starts talking about this guy who kept on trying to "Jew" him down on a price. Over and over. And he finished with a, "What do I look like, a n----?"

I shrugged and walked away. I mean, who talks like that? How does he know I'm not Jewish? Or married to a black woman? Or someone WHO JUST HAS A CONSCIENCE?

So, stupid, stupid move on that guy's part. If you're a jerk, then it's best to just be a jerk in your own head and not announce it to other who just may want to spend money at your table. I'm glad he lost your business.

It seems that over the past few years I am seeing more and more dealers going away from the A frame display racks to these folding screens with wire shelves hooked to them. Anyone care to share how to build/create or buy one?

Go on-line to any fixture vendor and look for wire rack grid-wall. They are sectional and connect together. They are a big pain to transport but they are very versatile and look so much more professional.

It's always astonishing to me when dealers talk about their customers to people who they don't know very well.

A perfect example was when I did a show a few months ago. Near the end of the day, I walk over to another table and do the regular small talk (how did you do? sell anything good? etc). I know the dealer -- but not particularly well; I certainly don't consider him a friend.

Anyway, he starts talking about this guy who kept on trying to "Jew" him down on a price. Over and over. And he finished with a, "What do I look like, a n----?"

I shrugged and walked away. I mean, who talks like that? How does he know I'm not Jewish? Or married to a black woman? Or someone WHO JUST HAS A CONSCIENCE?

So, stupid, stupid move on that guy's part. If you're a jerk, then it's best to just be a jerk in your own head and not announce it to other who just may want to spend money at your table. I'm glad he lost your business.

I wouldn't want to do business with that guy if he talks/thinks like that. I do understand if you don't want to give his name out.