• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon 2015 report... Pic Heavy

46 posts in this topic

So I've been going to Heroes since 2007 and this year was by far my best trip. Not only from a buying perspective but finally being able to meet people from the boards and getting the chance to stay all three days this time.

Friday was just an all around great buying day. Not a lot of costume people and the aisles were pretty clear to move around. I hit up Brock @ Columbia Comics to pick up some mylite2's etc when i got there and checked out what 1Cool brought with him as well although didn't introduce myself to him. Visited Nik from Nickelspot Comics and bought a What if Wolvie had killed hulk slab and some tales of suspense. Nik was an awesome dude and Ill def keep doing business with him. Without further ado, my friday pics.

My hotel view

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Saturday like most others have said was Stan Lee day. Since i wasn't dropping that kinda money to see him i avoided that side of the con like the plague. It was waaaaay busier Saturday (obviously) but what i wasn't expecting was the line that morning. It went from the convention center, outside, and around the building. Thank god for advance passes!

This does the size of the line no justice.

IMG_0613.jpg

Bought a bunch of stuff from Comic Kings out of Virginia saturday,

IMG_0662.jpg

Spent most of the day just checking out the various artists etc and found some awesome prints by an artist named Ben Moriconi.

This was my fav print from him.

IMG_0648.jpg

More wall books!

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

After the con my wife wanted to go to the art auction as we always do. I never bid on anything because i don't have deep enough pockets. Scottie Young got into an early bidding war and paid 4k for a scooby doo painting.... Here are some of the art works i liked from the auction.

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

of course scottie youngs bay spider gwen went for 3k

IMG_0634.jpg

Sunday was a pretty quiet day as the big crowds for stan were gone. I finished up a few deals and perused the floor again with my wife before we left.

in case anyone missed my beautiful face...

IMG_0623.png

of course one does not simply go to HeroesCon and NOT eat at fuel pizza...

IMG_0599.jpg

Had a great time and looking forward to next year already!

Cheers,

David.

of course one does not simply go to HeroesCon and NOT eat at fuel pizza...

IMG_0599.jpg

Best pizza I've ever had.

Awesome pics. Btw I love fuel pizza, there is one in DC that I go to before every caps game.

Fuel Pizza is great but you have questionable taste in hockey teams.

Be a Blackhawks fan. You'll feel better.

I recognize you from being at my table,and I appreciate the business. Hopefully I gave you a better price that what I had stuff priced at. Introduce yourself to me at any show next time and I'll definitely give you a better price. This show was one of the best I have ever done. We had a great time! Joey

Nice post!

It was great to see you brother, even if it was for even 5 seconds.

I was exhausted, I'm glad I took today off.

I had a brain freeze Sunday and did more talking than anything and once Joey put the 1/2 off sign it was like a bum rush, so I scramble to pick up a few gimmees from the ComicKing!

I've always loved VA Beach from when i used to live in Nags Heads in the 80's

I need to go up there and see his store.

:grin:

Nice post!

It was great to see you brother, even if it was for even 5 seconds.

I was exhausted, I'm glad I took today off.

I had a brain freeze Sunday and did more talking than anything and once Joey put the 1/2 off sign it was like a bum rush, so I scramble to pick up a few gimmees from the ComicKing!

I've always loved VA Beach from when i used to live in Nags Heads in the 80's

I need to go up there and see his store.

:grin:

It was good talking to you Wally,hopefully your back wasn't feeling too bad after Sunday!

Great report. Sad I missed the pizza all week ( I think we survived on Bojangles) but I'm even more sad you didn't stop by and say hi. I may be scary looking but I don't bite. Nice stack of books by the way.

one thing i forgot to mention in my report that happened.

My wife and I were at a dealers booth and i had a stack of books i was going to purchase. My wife was on the other side of the booth looking through stuff and this dealer proceeds to tell me how he hates when pretty girls get tattoos and ruin their bodies, and that it makes them look ugly. I had a choice to make at that point... Making sure i didn't ruin the whole weekend i let him know that the girl he was referencing was my wife and handed him his books back.

word of advice, don't talk junk about your customer base because you never know who they may be...

Ouch, now how come there isn't a picture of that dealers face when you handed him the books back?

Haha yes I bet it was priceless. People need to get over tattoos already. May as well complain about clouds in he sky and kids on your lawn as well.

Ouch, now how come there isn't a picture of that dealers face when you handed him the books back?

The Con was down south so I'd guess something like this:

Face_zps7xtteyru.png

:baiting: