• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard Decision

89 posts in this topic

Anyone ever decided to pull the chute and punch out? I am unsure whether I want to or not. I hate Epay and the board is not all that much better to sell.Have not had much luck on Craigslist and that is what is making keep everything more than anything,

I hate selling collectibles but am hemorrhaging money on a business venture and my time working with the military is coming to an end soon, which has helped offset some of the cost but could use more. Sorry for the rant just venting. Would love to hear how and if you have ever decided to sell off. I will keep a few special books/art if I decide to sell.

What an interesting and innovative new kind of thread you started.

I think you are the first to ever feel this way.

So what advise do you need from all of us to help you make money?

How can we give you information that helps you only?

Didn't realize the forum was set to person_too_unaware_of_social_graces tonight. Don't need anything form you.

Sorry if my ramblings offend you, but really I just don't care.

You remind of people who call fellow collectors just for selfish advice on how to help them only make money.

This thread is so predictable and so basically simple.

What a joke and disgrace.

Sell your collection and hit the bricks......

With the due difference you have no clue to who you are talking with.

Over 17000 posts do not give you the permission of insulting people, sorry.

:applause:

I was thinking the same thing ... typical keyboard warrior with insane post count who would get his chest caved in if he talked like this in person to someone looking him in the face. What a loser ...

Anyone ever decided to pull the chute and punch out? I am unsure whether I want to or not. I hate Epay and the board is not all that much better to sell.Have not had much luck on Craigslist and that is what is making keep everything more than anything,

I hate selling collectibles but am hemorrhaging money on a business venture and my time working with the military is coming to an end soon, which has helped offset some of the cost but could use more. Sorry for the rant just venting. Would love to hear how and if you have ever decided to sell off. I will keep a few special books/art if I decide to sell.

Didn't realize the forum was set to person_too_unaware_of_social_graces tonight. Don't need anything form you.

You remind of people who call fellow collectors just for selfish advice on how to help them only make money.

I was thinking the same thing ... typical keyboard warrior with insane post count who would get his chest caved in if he talked like this in person to someone looking him in the face. What a loser ...

Actually he'd say the same thing to your face. Just not exactly sure what Johnny is getting so agitated about in the first place. He's becoming the youngest bitter old man in history.

Jim

Actually he'd say the same thing to your face. Just not exactly sure what Johnny is getting so agitated about in the first place. He's becoming the youngest bitter old man in history.

Jim

If I had to guess I would wager last night's rant had it's roots in the bottle. lol

93997-Waco-Kid-drinking-gif-Blazing-fwvg.gif

Jim

If I had to guess I would wager last night's rant had it's roots in the bottle. lol

No I wish I had some drinks last night.

Jim

No I wish I had some drinks last night.

Damn! That was the explanation that made the most sense. hm

Jim

Funny Jimbo as I would say the same think at post 1 or post 17000.

My first thread battle with Watson is still my favorite. (thumbs u

Not sure what post count has to do with having an opinion or being a keyboard warrior though. hm

I know I'm fairly new to the board with only 50+ posts at the time of this one, but my advice for Shadow is: do what's best for you and your family.

Having been in serious debt myself at one point; it's destructive and depressing. It creates a strain and a hinderance on you and your loved ones.

If selling books eases that burden, do it - you were given some good tips by a few members on how your collection could yield the most return.

As for him trying to purge 'money-making ideas', I think he was just venting.

Hell, I get like that too when s*** hits the fan and you want to wave the white flag.

Chin up dude, all the best.

Ok if you want me to be real. Here are your true options if you want to put no effort or work into selling what ever comics you have left.

1. Sell them all to another dealer or collector

2. CGC books give to an auction house that does all the work and scans etc

3. Give your books to charity

4. Recycle them

Pretty simple solution no?

9 out of 10 times I would totally agree with you on this type of thread and would just roll my eyes. I know it's most likely not right to judge boardies differently for the same thing, but I will anyway. :D

In this case, anyone who knows Shadow Images knows he is one of the good guys on the boards. He is not here to make money but to make friends and have fun with the hobby and grow his collection. He has always been very generous on the boards and gives away far more than he takes. If he is asking it was because he really wanted advice and not as a way to jump start a sales thread.

I didn't read this as a plea for offers at all.

This is a forum where people discuss comic books and comic book issues. Starting a thread about making a difficult decision regarding whether to sell a beloved book or collection seems perfectly compatible as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure what all the gnashing of teeth was about. Plus, like Hokie said, Shadow is a good guy.