• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did any of these go to board members?

34 posts in this topic

I emailed the seller twice during the week, and received no response either time.

I asked a couple of questions at the last minute (and knew I probably wouldn't get a reply in time to bid). I was kicking myself for not asking sooner, but I guess it wouldn't have made any difference. I especially wanted to know whether there was any rust on the staples of the Tec 76. I couldn't justify bidding aggressively without knowing that.

I agree. The market is so hot many bidders seem to have no risk aversion. Those pics didn't show very much, and there was no guarantee that all pages were present. :insane:

..... this is the positive side of Paypal's Buyer Protection...... it certainly inspires bidder confidence, and 9 times out of 10 the sale will go through. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I emailed the seller twice during the week, and received no response either time.

I asked a couple of questions at the last minute (and knew I probably wouldn't get a reply in time to bid). I was kicking myself for not asking sooner, but I guess it wouldn't have made any difference. I especially wanted to know whether there was any rust on the staples of the Tec 76. I couldn't justify bidding aggressively without knowing that.

I agree. The market is so hot many bidders seem to have no risk aversion. Those pics didn't show very much, and there was no guarantee that all pages were present. :insane:

..... this is the positive side of Paypal's Buyer Protection...... it certainly inspires bidder confidence, and 9 times out of 10 the sale will go through. GOD BLESS...

Could be a nice marketing ploy too. Imagine if I started listing all of my comics in freezer bags with sketchy details. The idea of books being fresh to market seems to ratchet things up on eBay

Could be a nice marketing ploy too. Imagine if I started listing all of my comics in freezer bags with sketchy details. The idea of books being fresh to market seems to ratchet things up on eBay

hm that is just crazy enough to work

I did the same, also got no response. And considering she was also selling shoes and unrelated paraphernalia I thought it might have been a scam.

My gut instincts tell me the auctions were legit, but it's hard to justify paying that close to full price when there's that much risk involved. She probably inherited an original owner collection and didn't put much thought into selling them. After all, if they were free to her, then whatever they sold for was gravy.

I think the auctions were legit. We'd remember those pics if the seller had stolen them from another auction. Freezer bags on the front lawn is pretty memorable.

I did get 2 responses from the Seller of these wonderful 'appearing' golden age comics. She said (no doubt) she was quite overwhelmed by the amount of email inquiries on the books. She was selling them for someone and that was all she provided info wise to me. I just find it hard to spend that much money on what appears to be great looking covers but who knows of the page quality, if there are any cut outs and how she might ship them because the photos were quite lackadaisical. I wasn't prepared to take that chance but several of them were awfully pretty lookn.

I did the same, also got no response. And considering she was also selling shoes and unrelated paraphernalia I thought it might have been a scam.

My gut instincts tell me the auctions were legit, but it's hard to justify paying that close to full price when there's that much risk involved. She probably inherited an original owner collection and didn't put much thought into selling them. After all, if they were free to her, then whatever they sold for was gravy.

I think the auctions were legit. We'd remember those pics if the seller had stolen them from another auction. Freezer bags on the front lawn is pretty memorable.

I don't think that was the front lawn. Just a dirty carpet

This reminds me of the last time an obvious non-comic eBay seller found a nice stash of books - some turned out to be Canadian. We only hope for the best to all the winners of that auction.

There some buyers on the boards who would consider that to be good news. :D

I just don't understand those prices...especially for the comics with clipped corners. The world must be going insane... :insane:

Well, I'm off to the store to buy some freezer bags and find a lawn... hm

Where you are, all the lawns are brown this time of year. Better try Astroturf. :D

After checking the guide, it seems that the nicer books actually went for guide or under, so I guess it isn't as outrageous as I thought...at least, looking at the covers. What is outrageous is that I had no idea those books had gone up so much...It will be interesting to see what grades they get if that is ever shared with us. :o