• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who feel I should know everything about you

27 posts in this topic

based on the average intelligence of people taking your order at pizza houses around here, i'm not concerned. half of them wouldn't understand how to use the technology, and the other half don't speak enough english to make sense of it anyways

based on the average intelligence of people taking your order at pizza houses around here, i'm not concerned. half of them wouldn't understand how to use the technology, and the other half don't speak enough english to make sense of it anyways

I don't know about that. Sometimes I feel like they have to take some sort of special training to be so aggravating. People are not born with those kinds of skills, you know. makepoint.gif

We don't even have a national database that correlates NAME to SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, and they are worried about this. Talk about wasted resources.

So, that private consumer database that was hacked a few days ago that correlates these two is of no worry?

confused-smiley-013.gif

We don't even have a national database that correlates NAME to SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, and they are worried about this. Talk about wasted resources.

So, that private consumer database that was hacked a few days ago that correlates these two is of no worry?

confused-smiley-013.gif

It wasnt hacked...That company sold the information to those people. The people just lied about who they are. The whole thing stinks..

confused-smiley-013.gif

It wasnt hacked...That company sold the information to those people. The people just lied about who they are. The whole thing stinks..

Point being that there are databases out there...

and I thought that they hacked to a greater access level after entering the site (tho' I could be misremembering)...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

confused-smiley-013.gif

....I thought that they hacked to a greater access level after entering the site (tho' I could be misremembering)...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You're misremembering.

I don't know about that. Sometimes I feel like they have to take some sort of special training to be so aggravating. People are not born with those kinds of skills, you know. makepoint.gif

Not so fast. I worked at Domino's and Papa John's through college. And frankly, the stupidity of many CUSTOMERS was infuriating. "How large is your 12" pizza?" was just one (Answer: "Put a ruler on your desk. Hold it down with your finger in the center and turn it slowly in a circle. That's how big a 12" pizza is.") . Another were the customers who made weird orders, like they wanted the cheese melted but NOT warm, yet the rest of the pizza had to be hot. Or people who ordered toppings they didn't want and then complained about them ("Why;d you put banana peppers on this?" "Because you asked for them." "No, I didn't! Someone there must have taken the order wrong." "Ma'am, I'M the one who took the order.")

Or the customers who didn't know their own addresses, or had no numbers on thier houses (usually with every light turned off), or the ones who apparently forgot they ordered a pizza and then scrambled around for the money while I was actually at their door, or the teen-ager who'd clearly raided his dad's coin collection to buy the pizza (in a collection of Susan B. Anthony dollars, buffalo nickels and zinc pennies).

Whenever it rained, EVERYBODY would call in and order pizza deliveries all at once, and then they'd all complain that their pizza wasn't there in less than 30 minutes.

Wealthier people gave the smallest tips--actually fishing out nickels from handsfull of change, for example.

Not so fast. I worked at Domino's and Papa John's through college. And frankly, the stupidity of many CUSTOMERS was infuriating. "How large is your 12" pizza?" was just one (Answer: "Put a ruler on your desk. Hold it down with your finger in the center and turn it slowly in a circle. That's how big a 12" pizza is.") . Another were the customers who made weird orders, like they wanted the cheese melted but NOT warm, yet the rest of the pizza had to be hot. Or people who ordered toppings they didn't want and then complained about them ("Why;d you put banana peppers on this?" "Because you asked for them." "No, I didn't! Someone there must have taken the order wrong." "Ma'am, I'M the one who took the order.")

Or the customers who didn't know their own addresses, or had no numbers on thier houses (usually with every light turned off), or the ones who apparently forgot they ordered a pizza and then scrambled around for the money while I was actually at their door, or the teen-ager who'd clearly raided his dad's coin collection to buy the pizza (in a collection of Susan B. Anthony dollars, buffalo nickels and zinc pennies).

Whenever it rained, EVERYBODY would call in and order pizza deliveries all at once, and then they'd all complain that their pizza wasn't there in less than 30 minutes.

Wealthier people gave the smallest tips--actually fishing out nickels from handsfull of change, for example.

27_laughing.gif

This is true. I think it goes both ways. Most of the time, everything turns out fine. However, the last time I ordered from Domino's, I requested the 555 deal. When I asked for the price with tax, he said $25.67 foreheadslap.gif

I posted that in the Watercooler two months ago. yeahok.gif

And, of course, whoever posts about something first around here, WINS! flowerred.gif And anyone who posts a repeat they think is witty, intelligent, or original is in fact nothing but a HACK and a POSER. blush.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post678028

as if anyone in their right mind would wade through the six billion Thing spam threads there anyways

And, of course, whoever posts about something first around here, WINS! flowerred.gif And anyone who posts a repeat they think is witty, intelligent, or original is in fact nothing but a HACK and a POSER. blush.gif

Hey. I don't make the rules. smirk.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

....I thought that they hacked to a greater access level after entering the site (tho' I could be misremembering)...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You're misremembering.

Just to clarify, I wasn't misremembering... I was believing everything I read screwy.gifforeheadslap.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

Those were the days, man! I did the pizza thing for too long. Sounds like the stories are all the same. insane.gif