• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you think Toro does it?

27 posts in this topic

I know how he does it - by using his extensive range of experience with CGC books and a personal database of various CGC grades, scans and overall trends concerning specific defects.

The guy can look at a book and almost immediately give you a 1-2 grade range it will fall in, and after that it comes down to a bit of luck as to exactly where it will fall. When he misses wider and gets a -1, it's because the CGC grade in the contest is grossly inconsistent with the overall CGC grade given over the past 15 years.

I remember Redhook has a similar format, but literally had a database of every single CGC book he'd ever seen online. Long-time experience like that is a big advantage in a contest like this.

I know how he does it - by using his extensive range of experience with CGC books and a personal database of various CGC grades, scans and overall trends concerning specific defects.

The guy can look at a book and almost immediately give you a 1-2 grade range it will fall in, and after that it comes down to a bit of luck as to exactly where it will fall. When he misses wider and gets a -1, it's because the CGC grade in the contest is grossly inconsistent with the overall CGC grade given over the past 15 years.

I remember Redhook has a similar format, but literally had a database of every single CGC book he'd ever seen online. Long-time experience like that is a big advantage in a contest like this.

Interesting if he does have a database of history to pull from. Who's got time for that :lol:

It's all in my head...and how I think the book will grade by CGC.

Maybe that's why I never win this contest. :sumo: not enough info in my head.

He cheats

greggy, please check out the reveal tonight in the final round thread. I will have a hidden message for you.

:eek: