• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Private Eye by BKV coming to print!

20 posts in this topic

Just briefly saw a piece out of Image Expo that BKV's The Private Eye is coming to print!

Reality? Any boardies on hand to confirm with any additional info? This may be one of my favorite BKV creations but am not a super fan of digital reads so I'm pretty excited.

I'm very excited for this.....but, it does kind of make their previous stance of "this will never get printed" seem kinda fishy for those of us that paid for the web comic. Not complaining, it just feels odd.

I'm very excited for this.....but, it does kind of make their previous stance of "this will never get printed" seem kinda fishy for those of us that paid for the web comic. Not complaining, it just feels odd.

Very true, perhaps they just heard several people stating that they refuse to read digital and want to share it further. I'm sure the financial incentive of selling tens of thousands copies each month for a while when all the work is already done is nice as well. I'm crossing my fingers it's to increase public awareness of the story to develop it into a movie. First time I read it as most of BKV's work it's extremely easy to picture it on film. Would make an extremely awesome film.

I think kirkman talked him into it with a bribe of letting bkv write a walking dead story

I think it would be Kirkman bribing Brian to write a WD story. :o

According to what BKV stated at the Expo, the "deal" with Kirkman was that he would allow Private Eye to be printed by Skybound in exchange for an exclusive "online-only" Walking Dead story that BKV would post on his website.

I'm awaiting DCBS to ship mine. Cant wait to read the story again in one sitting.

Side note...did anyone read the new Panel Syndicate book by BKV - Barrier?

Dropped online a couple of days ago.

I thought it was very good with a "WTF" moment at the end.

I haven't read Barrier yet but will try to get to it this weekend. I'm glad to hear it had a WTF end because the subject matter didn't really entice me enough to read it yet. If it wasn't BKV writing it I'd probably skip it entirely but I'm sure it's a great unexpected plot.