• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Larson Fantastic Comics #1 looks pretty tasty !

44 posts in this topic

This is a spectacular looking copy, and no foxing !

Fantastic Comics #1

Since this is the Larson copy, then it must be the one that came out from Overstreet's collection and sold during the Diamond Int'l Gallery's grand opening way back in 1995.

I remember seeing this book on display with that glowing red cover and it was almost 3-D like with Samson almost exploding out from the cover. Absolutely stunning and beyond gorgeous! :cloud9:

When I asked about the book, I found out that it had already been sold as were virtually all of the other books in the display cases by that time. I knew then that I shouldn't have taken that time wasted tour of the Diamond offices and gallery. doh!

This is a spectacular looking copy, and no foxing !

Fantastic Comics #1

That has to be one of the nicest Larsons I've seen. It's way beyond my means, of course, but damn.

Just went back to the pedigree issue of CBM and noted that Pat Kochanek stated that many of the key first issue Larsons such as Action 1, Batman 1, Cap 1, Whiz 2 (1), More Fun 52 & 53, Wonderworld 3, etc. along with others were high grade copies. In stark contrast to most of the earlier and many of the later Larsons which would probably grade out somewhere in the < 9.0 range

Did not specifically mentioned Fantastic 1, but probably grouped in there as one of the "many other HG Larson first issues". hm