• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Uncanny X-Men #1

30 posts in this topic

Yeah yeah yeah, I know its not officially Uncanny. a 3.5???? Thats a poop grade. What knocks it down so bad? The tear at the top?

At the top, and at the lower right edge. The only thing worse than tears are stains. sumo.gif Send it in, it's a book that should be slabbed regardless of grade, unless pieces are missing, or it's restored. gossip.gif

Man, you guys are player hatin! The book looks solid to me. Of course I'd really have to see a larger scan and the back cover but a 5.0/5.5 doesn't seem so far off. Until I see better scans though I would say VG+ 4.5. I've seen CGC 4.5's that look much, much worse than this.

Man, you guys are player hatin! The book looks solid to me. Of course I'd really have to see a larger scan and the back cover but a 5.0/5.5 doesn't seem so far off. Until I see better scans though I would say VG+ 4.5. I've seen CGC 4.5's that look much, much worse than this.

It has nice eye appeal, but . . .

1 - It is in a bag

2 - There is a 3/4" tear to the ULFC

3 - there is a 3/8" tear to the REFC

4 - there is a 3/8" corner crease to the LRFC

5 - there is no scan of the back cover

6 - from what we see, there is no reason to assume it has good structure

Call me a hater, but my Avengers #4 (which is a 3.5) is a nicer looking book gossip.gif

It has nice eye appeal, but . . .

1 - It is in a bag

2 - There is a 3/4" tear to the ULFC

3 - there is a 3/8" tear to the REFC

4 - there is a 3/8" corner crease to the LRFC

5 - there is no scan of the back cover

6 - from what we see, there is no reason to assume it has good structure

Call me a hater, but my Avengers #4 (which is a 3.5) is a nicer looking book gossip.gif

Let's see a scan.

How much did you take off for (1)? for (5)? Please judge the comic from what you can see, not what you can't.

And how do you reach your conclusion in (6)? It looks like very good structure to me with some "huge" defects that bring the grade down.

How much did you take off for (1)? for (5)? Please judge the comic from what you can see, not what you can't.

And how do you reach your conclusion in (6)? It looks like very good structure to me with some "huge" defects that bring the grade down.

Me thinks you doth assume too much confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok - you want a grade? I can't grade it at all, because I can't see it. And if you think you can, then WHO are you kidding? hi.gif

gossip.gifCS had no trouble grading the XM #11 out of the bag and both sides sumo.gif Is he afraid to open this one 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To be fair.. a detailed list of what you consider the flaws to be would help to determine the grade.

Hard to tell from the scan exactly what the extent of the damage is.

Posting a scan to be graded on this forum while it is still in a bag ... shame shame.. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Ze-

Bah, it sucks, I am wiping me rear with it.

Atta-boy, that's the spirit! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

gossip.gif wait, I think petey wants to buy it . . . 893whatthe.gif

I'll buy it AFTER he wipes his rear with it. insane.gif

It can be part of the "Skid" Collection.

insane.gifinsane.gif

Well, its a mylar bag, and its pretty clear. Diva pretty much pointed out the flaws. Although nothing is really wrong with the back. The lower left cover is ok. I just know what some VG/F's look like, and this is much better that those I have seen.

It doesn't matter really, was just looking to see if I was on, or off. I should have more for you to grade in a few weeks. But, if anyone wants some of the "Skid" collection I can hook you up after I hit Mexican Town.