• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY on Disney XD (9/26/15)

32 posts in this topic

:o

Poster, Synopsis & Premiere Date For Disney XD's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Series

Marvel will premiere Guardians of the Galaxy on September 26 on Disney xD, with special sneak peeks and character profiles airing from August 1. Below we have the very first poster featuring Star Lord, Drax, Gamora, Rocket, and Groot front and center.

o4XXheFh.jpg

So will this take place in MCU continuity, or separate? hm cool either way.

I believe it is the Marvel Animated Universe continuity…so the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Watch Guardians of the Galaxy Animated Star-Lord Origins Short

Prior to the release of the new animated Guardians of the Galaxy series on Disney xD, Marvel is releasing a series of origin shorts.

Up first is Star-Lord, which unfortunately is available only through iTunes with a $4.99 season pass.

"Before they became the Guardians, five outlaws made their way through the galaxy… and got into plenty of trouble along the way. These shorts tell stories from the checkered pasts of Peter Quill, Groot, Rocket, Drax and Gamora. They’re a prelude to awesomeness!"

Guardians of the Galaxy premiers September 26th on Disney xD at 9:30pm ET starring the voice talents of Will Friedle as Star-Lord, Trevor Devall as Rocket Raccoon, Vanessa Marshall as Gamora, David Sobolov as Drax, Kevin Michael Richardson as Groot and James Arnold Taylor as both Yondu and Cosmo.

I'm not going to copy the video here, as Entertainment Weekly inserts that auto-start code.

Get "Hooked On A Feeling" With New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Promo

Here we have a new TV spot for the upcoming Disney xD Guardians Of The Galaxy animated series, which not only features a first look at some of our heroes in action, but the Blue Swede tune that's now synonymous with Marvel's big-screen blockbuster.

I'm up in the air on this cartoon. Some aspects look entertaining, but others... I dunno. I wish they went the route of the star wars cartoons as far as animation.

Any explanation for why he has white fur down to his neck prior to sitting in the chair and the white is confined to his nose after he gets out of the chair? lol

This looks like one of the better quality cartoons based on Marvel's characters. Brian, not everything can be Star Wars. lol