• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is San Diego Going?

176 posts in this topic

Nostalgic Investments (Bechara):

20150711_183505_resized_1.jpg

I have contacted his website twice about a page on his website. Anyone else have an issue getting a response to an inquiry? Does he just take longer to get back to you?

I have contacted his website twice about a page on his website. Anyone else have an issue getting a response to an inquiry? Does he just take longer to get back to you?

:roflmao:

from my (limited) experience his is the most disorganized person out there; his booth is usually set up sometime after the show has started; he is not great at responding and pretty much never updates his web site. Much of the stuff on his web site may well have been sold; and of course if you do get in touch with him I have found that...oh its not that price anymore. Still, a nice guy just not the way I would run a business.

He has a phone number on his website...just call him.

thanks all for posting the great pics. I really like the barry smith daily from the movie the hand I never seen these before. I wonder how many was done for the movie. as for some of the prices on some of these pieces. yeah I was shocked.

i wonder if these prices were jacked up only for sdcc only to off-set the price of the con for dealers. ?

larry ;]

Anyone know how much the Galactus splash and Annihilus splash were ?

Also, big thanks for posting some pictures of the art at San Diego Gene :applause:

That empty spot above John's head is where my Colan Daredevil page used to reside.

Bechara also had the cover to Captain America #100, my jaw dropped when I saw it

Also, big thanks for posting some pictures of the art at San Diego Gene :applause:

That empty spot above John's head is where my Colan Daredevil page used to reside.

Bechara also had the cover to Captain America #100, my jaw dropped when I saw it

Which page of Daredevil? Or better yet, post a picture :wishluck:

Wow that brings back memories of when Tom Horvitz finally put a price on it of $100k. At the time that was a really big number. A pair of Ditko ASM covers had sold around the same time for $75k ea iirc (to give some perspective).

Wow that brings back memories of when Tom Horvitz finally put a price on it of $100k. At the time that was a really big number. A pair of Ditko ASM covers had sold around the same time for $75k ea iirc (to give some perspective).

How much was Bechara asking for the Cap 100 cover , if anybody knows ?

It wasn't offered for sale. He was thrilled to have it, and enjoyed showing it to those of us that wanted to see it

Which page of Daredevil? Or better yet, post a picture :wishluck:

posted in the "this week in your collection thread"

I would guess about half a mill.

500k , seems conservative

Maybe too low

In an auction atmosphere, I can see it getting closer to 7 figures

But who knows for certain, other than that these prices have really gone UP alot in the past 10 years

Possibly, but there aren't many players at that price range. Even at high 6 figures, if rather have this than the McFarlane spidey vs hulk cover.

Agreed. I would rather have a classic Silver Age cover compared to the McFarlane Spiderman cover. My best guess is that the Cap 100 cover would at least match the price of the Mcfarlane Spidey cover at $657,250

It wasn't offered for sale. He was thrilled to have it, and enjoyed showing it to those of us that wanted to see it

I don't think Bechara and "not for sale" have ever been formally introduced.

Didn't notice any Marvel magazine painted art. But, then again, I wasn't looking for any of it. If anyone had anything, it was probably Albert, as he's had some stuff in the past.

Do sellers mark up prices for the SDCC? There was one piece I was semi-interested in that a dealer quoted me $500 above where it's priced on his website (and it's not a stale listing). So...yeah.

Since everyone keeps PM'ing or posting me about the FF #95, Bechara just traded for it and it's technically now part of his personal collection and not for sale. I'm sure it would take an exorbitant sum and much groveling on the potential buyer's part to have any shot of walking away with it.

Regarding the Cap #100, I think it's fair to say that the cover and the deal for such was the talk of the OA hobby at the show.