• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I think its 1 of each cover. So breakdown would be:

TWD x1

Invincible x1

Ghosted x3 (regular, image expo, sdcc)

Outcast x1 (regular cover)

Clone x2 (regular, adlard)

Birthright x3 (regular, nycc, silv)

Manifest x3 (regular, ryan ott, longbeach)

Super Dino x1 (regular)

ToT x3 (regular, ice, comicpro)

Witch Doctor x2 (regular, larry)

I think...

That's impossible, because if this were true, there would be 1,395 TWD tickets!

:kidaround:

:gossip: More...

lol

Haha really though. Is there a single book that has more reprints than TWD1?

:whistle:

kjreprints.jpg

Take these and add about 10 more English language reprints and you start to scratch the surface...then there are all the foreign versions, and their reprints. lol

36 reprints for Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #1 currently :makepoint:

I think its 1 of each cover. So breakdown would be:

TWD x1

Invincible x1

Ghosted x3 (regular, image expo, sdcc)

Outcast x1 (regular cover)

Clone x2 (regular, adlard)

Birthright x3 (regular, nycc, silv)

Manifest x3 (regular, ryan ott, longbeach)

Super Dino x1 (regular)

ToT x3 (regular, ice, comicpro)

Witch Doctor x2 (regular, larry)

I think...

That's impossible, because if this were true, there would be 1,395 TWD tickets!

:kidaround:

:gossip: More...

lol

Haha really though. Is there a single book that has more reprints than TWD1?

:whistle:

kjreprints.jpg

Take these and add about 10 more English language reprints and you start to scratch the surface...then there are all the foreign versions, and their reprints. lol

36 reprints for Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #1 currently :makepoint:

Printing 100 copies at a time doesn't count. lol

WD #1 reprint has a disgusting amount. I said this before, and I'll say it again I feel so bad for completist and registry guys. I'm sorry guys :foryou:

And here I am the whole time feeling sorry for you guys that didn't have them all.What a waste of my emotions.

:insane:

WD #1 reprint has a disgusting amount. I said this before, and I'll say it again I feel so bad for completist and registry guys. I'm sorry guys :foryou:

And here I am the whole time feeling sorry for you guys that didn't have them all.What a waste of my emotions.

:insane:

lol

I wonder what comic has been reprinted the most. Could it be WD #1? Think about all the ways that it has been made available (digital, trades, Image Firsts, variants, foreign prints, omnibuses, etc.), with a good amount of them discounted (Image Firsts) or free (comixology). Has something like Action Comics #1 been reprinted as much?

Anyone care to throw out a speculation number of how many floppy #1 TWD copies are in existence, including all. First print thru WW, Skybound exclusives, etc. I won't even attempt a guess.

I'm just happy it's a pretty good read and it looks like its getting into a ton of people's hands. Better then the crummy new X-Men 1 in 1991 which was definitely not a book that needed a million copies made.

Anyone care to throw out a speculation number of how many floppy #1 TWD copies are in existence, including all. First print thru WW, Skybound exclusives, etc. I won't even attempt a guess.

Around 100,000 in floppies and over 500,000 in trades, compendiums and other similar mediums.

first print (2003) #1 =7200 or so

Image first (2010) =24334

Image first (2011) =??? less than 8000 read somewhere, unreliable sourse, no record on comichron

Image first (2012) =16253

Image first (2014) =3405

SDCC skybound 5th ann =~2000 per quotes in this thread.

So, just these add up to 61100 plus all the comic con exclusives. I still think it's around 100k.

Around 100,000 in floppies and over 500,000 in trades, compendiums and other similar mediums.

first print (2003) #1 =7200 or so

Image first (2010) =24334

Image first (2011) =??? less than 8000 read somewhere, unreliable sourse, no record on comichron

Image first (2012) =16253

Image first (2014) =3405

SDCC skybound 5th ann =~2000 per quotes in this thread.

So, just these add up to 61100 plus all the comic con exclusives. I still think it's around 100k.

I appreciate the breakdown! I would have tossed out a number much higher. At 100k I'd suspect a ton of first time readers are getting to read TWD #1 in floppy for the first time. With as many fans as TWD has it seems like a very very low number. Regardless of all the trades IMO.