• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is the Charlton love???

35 posts in this topic

I've even got nice copies of Byrne's Wheelie and Chopper Bunch.

I actually really liked the Doomsday +1 series when I finally bought and read it in the mid-80's. Very nice early-Byrne art and not a bad story... for Charlton.

But Charlton is Charlton and they just had to reprint the entire series and call them Doomsday +1 7-12.. making me believe at the time there were 12 issues and I just had to order them all... then I open issue 7, straight from the semi-cliffhanger from 6.... doh!

Charltons were the kings of drek back in the day,...

I used to get them sometimes in those huge 75-cent remainder packs, and they were like freakshow books. Horrible art, terrible stories, bad paper, mic-cut 90% of the time, just bad, bad, bad. doh!

Who would be hard up enough to actually buy one of these things from the newsstand?

I remember getting one, a war comic, as a birthday party favour, when I was child of perhaps seven. The colours were misaligned, the story was non existent and the artist couldn't draw much better than I, though I earned only a "C" in art back there in grade two. Yet, the comic cost 12c, the same as a Superman. I concluded that they were for the mentally handicapped.

So how many did you eventually accumulate?