• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high can a golden age comic grade with small piece missing back

8 posts in this topic

I have a really neat looking don winslow of the navy 1947 comic #52 in 8.0 or better condition, but it has a small piece missing on the back bottom....As seen in pics, whats the highest this could grade with that chip or piece missing ???

Thanks alot !!! Eric

726886-DSCF0044000.JPG.62acbc8689042e1247ce76b32ff59fad.JPG

Who knows, according to the OS grading guide if a piece is missing completely it should only be 4.0-4.5, but with it being GA-who knows confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a FF 23 missing about this size on the back cover also (remember it's probably blown up because of the huge scan) and it's an 8.0.

Yes, if it's a 1/4"triangle or 1/8" square chunk missing then 4.0-4.5 would be tops(OS wise). Then again, we don't know how CGC regards this since we don't have access to their grading parameters, but since I'm an OS zombie I stick by their standards.