• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Court of Owls: What the F#@! is their first appearance?

43 posts in this topic

I'm gonna say the key issues to have are #1 (1st mention if I recall?, anyway it's already commanding $), #2 as 1st Talon, and #6 1st full app Court of Owls, and already selling well with the epic cover.

Good work Bats. I suspected there was some sort of issue in translation from the books to the movie.

It still begs the question however: who's going to be a featured player in any potential movie incarnation.

My thoughts are DC/WB will make it as simple as possible. Your comments about the DC animated special have reinforced that to some extent: they distilled the concept down enough to make it a quick synopsis and left some of the richer elements intact.

The movies are always "character" driven, meaning they'll be a "BIG BADDIE" and not necessarily some nameless assassin. Think action figures, marketing, etc. You can't get behind an unknown villain and really sell the concept....so my money is going to be on Cobb and/or Rose.

As far as Damian is concerned.....I betcha you're not too crazy with that suggestion either!

Good work Bats. I suspected there was some sort of issue in translation from the books to the movie.

It still begs the question however: who's going to be a featured player in any potential movie incarnation.

My thoughts are DC/WB will make it as simple as possible. Your comments about the DC animated special have reinforced that to some extent: they distilled the concept down enough to make it a quick synopsis and left some of the richer elements intact.

The movies are always "character" driven, meaning they'll be a "BIG BADDIE" and not necessarily some nameless assassin. Think action figures, marketing, etc. You can't get behind an unknown villain and really sell the concept....so my money is going to be on Cobb and/or Rose.

As far as Damian is concerned.....I betcha you're not too crazy with that suggestion either!

Thanks mate. You too. I think you summed up BvR perfectly here.

Not sure about the Court and/or Talon making it to a live action movie. I think they're too modern and wouldn't have enough appeal to non-DC readers. I'm quite happy to be proven wrong though! Best new villains in a long time IMO.

I'm gonna say the key issues to have are #1 (1st mention if I recall?, anyway it's already commanding $), #2 as 1st Talon, and #6 1st full app Court of Owls, and already selling well with the epic cover.

That sounds about right. I think I might hold onto mine for a while... ;)

I think there's a strong likelihood we'll see a live action incarnation of the Court and the main movers within it.

I definitely don't think the modern aspect of their origin makes it less likely. In fact, what you said about them makes it extraordinarily likely: best villains in a long time.

Just to add speculation on to who might be the main Talon in a possible future movie, William Cobb was the main Talon in the Forever Evil arc.

He gets around, does old Bill... I think if we see a Talon, there's a high chance it will be Cobb.

I think there's a strong likelihood we'll see a live action incarnation of the Court and the main movers within it.

I definitely don't think the modern aspect of their origin makes it less likely. In fact, what you said about them makes it extraordinarily likely: best villains in a long time.

hm

Or maybe DC/WB will wait 20 years before introducing them into a movie like they did with Bane lol

hm

Or maybe DC/WB will wait 20 years before introducing them into a movie like they did with Bane lol

I can't say I have a crystal ball with definitive knowledge of DC/WB's plans.....BUT....I will say that I'm taking more than an educated guess that we'll see some live action incarnation involving at least an aspect of this storyline.

All clues point to YES.

I'll give you a few breadcrumbs to follow:

Batman: The Killing Joke (animated) is in production. ------> BvS Trailer shows Robin's suit, presumably killed by the Joker.

Batman: Assault on Arkham (animated) ----> Suicide Squad movie announced, shortly followed by leaked set shots and of course trailer.

Justice League the Flashpoint paradox (animated) ---> Basically the idea behind the entire first season of Flash.

Justice League War (animated) ---> Demonstrated and predicted the lineup for upcoming JL movie.

Batman The Dark Knight Returns 1 & 2 (animated) ---> BvS announced shortly after release with same synopsis.

The list goes on and on and on......but there is at least one well developed line of connectivity:

Typically we see some sort of animated project first. The animated projects are often the biggest and best storylines that are culled from the comics themselves. Alot of these animated projects eventually become some sort of live action iteration (not all, but you can easily see which ones are).

This is represented on the big and small screens.

I betcha dimes to donuts that we're going to see some version of Damian Wayne as we've seen 2 full length feature movies to showcase him. The second of which includes the Court of Owls.

Anyway, there's alot more to it than that...but I do see a pattern that is hard to ignore. At the very least if DC takes the time to animate something, it's probably on their radar for the bigscreen if possible.

I think you might be onto something there (thumbs u We'll have to wait and see what the live action movies bring us...

I's like to see Damian Wayne as Robin and interested to see how the actor portrays him. That's not going to be an easy role for a 10-12 yo... martial arts, high IQ, acerbic wit.

Maybe when Afflers has finished up with the Justice League, they'll get down to making a decent Batman/Court movie. I think it would be at least 5 years before we ever saw it though.

So we're not counting Batman & Robin in 1997? I approve :applause:

What is this Batman & Robin (1997) of which you speak...? I have never heard of such a movie. It does not exist, I say :sumo:

Yeah... you got me there. It was so bad I must have blanked out the comedy version ;)

I's like to see Damian Wayne as Robin and interested to see how the actor portrays him. That's not going to be an easy role for a 10-12 yo... martial arts, high IQ, acerbic wit.

They did pull of a purty good Hit-girl in Kick the movie.

BTW, if you think I'm onto something and we still might not see such a movie for "about 5 years"....isn't NOW the time to be scooping up these keys? The implied answer is "YES". :)

Err... Yes? ;)

It'll be interesting to see how much they're worth in a few years time. I doubt the #2 or 6 will do better than the first appearance of Bane (as a topical benchmark). Batman #1 will hopefully continue to do well.

Err... Yes? ;)

It'll be interesting to see how much they're worth in a few years time. I doubt the #2 or 6 will do better than the first appearance of Bane (as a topical benchmark). Batman #1 will hopefully continue to do well.

Don't kid yourself....the Bane 1st appearance got mess on because he was weaksauce in the previous Batman movies. In fact he was indistinguishable from Henry Kissenger in that latest Batman flick....(close your eyes and listen to his voice...lol).

I think that Batfleck vs. some Owls in this new era of speculation will fire up the $ machine a bit more.

Batfleck :eek:

Seeing as we're pretty much writing this movie ourselves, can't we get a different actor... ;)

I think he'd be too old by the time DC/WB got round to making "Batman vs Court Of Owls".

Vengeance of Bane CGC 9.8s are being listed on eBay at around the $200 mark. I don't see Batman (2011) #2 or #6 doing better than that (factoring in inflation). The COO is a recent modern villain in a recent, mass produced modern comic, in an age where both collectors and sellers are NM savvy. Demand and value would increase in line with a movie but the afore mentioned would temper its price IMO.

Batfleck :eek:

Seeing as we're pretty much writing this movie ourselves, can't we get a different actor... ;)

I think he'd be too old by the time DC/WB got round to making "Batman vs Court Of Owls".

Vengeance of Bane CGC 9.8s are being listed on eBay at around the $200 mark. I don't see Batman (2011) #2 or #6 doing better than that (factoring in inflation). The COO is a recent modern villain in a recent, mass produced modern comic, in an age where both collectors and sellers are NM savvy. Demand and value would increase in line with a movie but the afore mentioned would temper its price IMO.

They could make Fleck look "younger" by removing the white sideburns and the gruff unshaven look.

Some of the movies he's in could be considered "backstory" and delve into his past, his enemies, etc.

This is similar to what's happening with the Wonder Woman movie. They're not going to be using the current day, but instead WWII era and her origins.

Either way I think Ben's age is less of an impediment than folks are stating. If they roll out a movie every few years and any Batman movie is included in that roster, it's feasible some of the big storylines may come into focus.

I wasn't a huge fan of his casting initially, but now that I've seen the trailer develop with the subsequent leaks....I'm a bit of a convert and he appears to be pulling it off.

As far as modern comics being less valuable....yeah I agree overall. Having said that, it's never a bad idea to grab the 9.8s before someone hamhands them into some unpressable state.

If anything else however, it appears we all concur that Damian Wayne may be on the cinematic horizon.

LMAO.....I see someone's been busy changing the original title of the thread.....which wasn't technically even obscene. It contained nonsense characters which implied a possible obscenity, but I guess that's completely over the top. :lol:

Anyway, some of you folks that were part of the earlier discussion about live action court of owls appearances should check this out:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/08/27/batman-vs-superman-is-this-the-real-villain-3502038

(thumbs u

I couldn't resist it... I can't believe you didn't see that before lol

whoindeed-gotham-the-villains-we-want-to-see-court-of-owls-edition-jpeg-142321.jpg

Well, as long as it was you....it's o.k.... :lol:

So I wasn't SOOOOOO crazy suggesting there's a possible live action owl thing going down.....

I still think it may happen, but not sure it's going to be BvS that kicks it off. If anything, it MIGHT be an easter egg...then it's on for real!