• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faint moisture stain on back running along side edge

5 posts in this topic

These are back covers of some otherwise gorgeous books. Any thoughts on how these backs would impact an otherwise NM book? You can see it faintly on the interior back cover, but it does not seem to have impacted the last page of the comics. The back cover is not wavy or anything like that.Can anyone even see it on these scans? I would (and possibly did not given that I have no idea when I bought these) probably not see these without good lighting conditions, but they are what they are. OK, even if you can't see it in the scans, think faint stain 1/4 inch or so wide running up the length of the side edge. Why only the back cover I have no idea.

AVENGERS120BACK%20001_zpsippgv0za.jpg

AVENGERSANNUAL9%20002_zpsck7spptl.jpg

that sounds fair. irritating that this is something i wouldn't have seen in a badly lit shop.

i think CGC, on a GA book, would probably give it a VF and I had a 6.5 with some nasty black foxing on the back (limited to a small area though) and the book otherwise probably wasn't better than a VF (not to mention plenty of dust shadow books that get 7.0 - 8.5s) but the above are BA books, so I don't think they would be as generous