• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH CONTEST : Round 4

25 posts in this topic

Grades are in, and no ties

#46 zonker - 9.4 vs. #28 imagemask - 8.5 - WINNER #46 zonker

#56 valiantman - 9.2 vs. #59 darthdiesel - 9.0 - WINNER #56 valiantman

#7 vurntboy - 9.2 vs. #20 blutobc - 8.0 - WINNER #7 burntboy

#32 namisgr - 8.5 vs. #55 scrooge - 9.4 - WINNER #55 scrooge

I thought there was a small tear on right edge that was going to bring the book down. Anyway, the highest I was prepared to go was a 9.0, so I would have lost anyway.

Congrats to the winners and specifically to valiantman and burntboy for nailing the 9.2.

Gawd, 9.2 with 4 spine stresses and a quarter inch color breaking crease on the front cover.... Who'd have thunk it? sign-rantpost.gif Was that LR corner crease on the book before slabbing, Nikos, or is it SCS?

Great job, Scroogie, and best of luck representing in the Final Four! 893applaud-thumb.gif

congrats to valiantman - I was on the fence about the 9.2 and 9.0 and was swayed by the "tear" on the right edge and what seemed like a lengthy dent on the top front edge.. tough one but I was glad to have made it to the ELite eight this time around! Thanks nikos for hosting this great contest and thanks to my teammate davidking, who emailed me and got me to join! If anything, I've learned I can grade non modern scans with the best of them and hope my peers can see that as well tongue.gif