• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the silliest thing you've slabbed?

3 posts in this topic

I'm cleaning out my house and I found some Bionicle comics that were given away as part of the Lego magazine. It's literally about Lego characters, but I definitely remember being mildly amused reading them 15 years ago ... and I briefly entertained the idea of tossin' them over to CGC for novelty value. Then I found out someone had beat me to it, so I tossed that idea, too.

Anyone else ever ship promo books, definitely low-value books, etc. to CGC?

I think CGC slabbing to many creates a nice "picture frame" so I've seen/heard/done slabbing of "favorite" covers despite condition and/or value, whether it's nostalgic or just aesthetic.

With trading cards, it's a bit cheaper to do, but with comics the "all in" price is more expensive, but the presentation with CGC is very nice and to many, worthwhile beyond the benefits of preservation and resale.

In that way, the "population reports" are sometimes taken with a grain of salt on obscure books touted as "highest graded" if there's minimal activity in getting that book graded.

I have seen a lot of CGC .5 graded books, and sometimes think those are the most interesting to look at.