• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #45, CGC 9.0, ow, old style label

21 posts in this topic

Ok, as much as I adore this book, I can no longer ignore the kind of prices it is currently selling for. I don't need to sell it... I'm in no hurry to sell it... I don't especially want to sell it... but if someone's willing to pay $3k for this book, I don't think I could say no.

This is the only scan I have, but it's an old label CGC 9.0 with off-white pages. The case has no problems. The serial number is 0112715001. I originally bought this book about twelve years ago, simply because it was available, and I perceived it to have exceptionally deep colors, as compared to other copies I've seen. And, as you can see, it's nicely trimmed, folded, and stapled.

Asking $3,000. firm. Terms: Payment is preferred by personal or cashier's check, or money order. You can use Paypal only if you incur the associated fees. I need $3k even, or this gem doesn't leave the man cave. I'll cover shipping in the USA. No return policy for CGC books.

I've been an established buyer and seller on this forum for several years, and I've been 29dukedog on eBay since 2002, with a feedback rating of 100% positive.

ff45_zpsbd4db0fd.jpg

Ok, as much as I adore this book, I can no longer ignore the kind of prices it is currently selling for. I don't need to sell it... I'm in no hurry to sell it... I don't especially want to sell it... but if someone's willing to pay $3k for this book, I don't think I could say no.

I would like to imitate you in your reasoning, but I hardly can convince myself to sell books I truly want to keep. :cry:

Out of curiosity, if it sells (best luck!) do you have an undercopy?

I purchased a gorgeous FF 48 from 29dukedog and it was a smooth transaction. No problems.

Yeah, and that one still kinda stings. FF #48 will be one of the first issues I'll seek to replace, especially if this book happens to sell.

I would like to imitate you in your reasoning, but I hardly can convince myself to sell books I truly want to keep. :cry:

Out of curiosity, if it sells (best luck!) do you have an undercopy?

I sold my undercopy a couple months ago- a CGC 6.5 for $750.

As for "GLWTS"... in this case, the real "good luck" might be NOT selling the book. As high as prices currently are, they could reach even farther into the stratosphere as the Inhumans movie hype draws closer. (And that's still about two years away!) Then, I might find myself wishing I hadn't already sold this one.

As for "GLWTS"... in this case, the real "good luck" might be NOT selling the book. As high as prices currently are, they could reach even farther into the stratosphere as the Inhumans movie hype draws closer. (And that's still about two years away!) Then, I might find myself wishing I hadn't already sold this one.

Heh, that’s pretty much understandable. At these prices you’re really prompted to consider selling things that you’d otherwise not think to sell, especially if not part of a run (for me it would be harder, as I collect the full FF run). :)

Heh, that’s pretty much understandable. At these prices you’re really prompted to consider selling things that you’d otherwise not think to sell, especially if not part of a run (for me it would be harder, as I collect the full FF run). :)

Just for the record, I do have several books I would never sell... books I'd prefer to be buried with when I croak. But my philosophy is, we can never truly own stuff, we can only rent it. Since we can never really take it with us, at best we are temporary caretakers of material objects.

Someday I'll pick up another FF #45. They're not as hard to find as many other books.

Just for the record, I do have several books I would never sell... books I'd prefer to be buried with when I croak. But my philosophy is, we can never truly own stuff, we can only rent it. Since we can never really take it with us, at best we are temporary caretakers of material objects.

Someday I'll pick up another FF #45. They're not as hard to find as many other books.

Don't you do this a lot, being a toad and all? hm

Don't you do this a lot, being a toad and all? hm

Droll. Veeerrrrrry droll.