• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Original Art Commissions

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony; I'm a comic book inker and illustrator currently offering commission work. Since "starving artist" isn't as much as an exaggeration as I had previously thought, I'm currently taking commission requests, as well as offering my prints for sale.

Professionally, I'm at the beginning of my career as an inker, but I've worked on one project I hold dear: inking cutscenes over Ron Lim for the Marvel Heroes 2015 MMO game. I have some of that original art for sale as well.

Anyways, here's my portfolio of stuff.

http://afowlerart.deviantart.com/

I'm also on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/afowlerart

If you have any questions, please PM me, or email me at afowlerart@gmail.com.

Here's a recent inking sample I did over Paulo Siquera:

superman_wonder_woman__7_pg__4_inks_by_afowlerart-d8st6ip.jpg

Make sure and copy everything you typed. This is the wrong area for this type of thing and they may delete it. The Groot/Rocket is pretty cool looking.

there's an original art forum which will both be more appropriate and garner you more/better responses.

A word of advice: don't over-commit yourself. There's been a number of artists that have come on here and have taken commissions but who have either never delivered or delivered unreasonably late. So keep your backlog light, especially if you begin getting paid gigs from publishers that will take away time from a commission.

Understood. It's kind of hard to get commission work when you're not a known artist, since a lot of people have been burned. I try to keep open communication to ensure that customers get their art done right and on time.

Just a quick bump showing an example of my art style.

This was a redesign of Milestone Media character Icon I did in an art jam with a few other artists.

If you're interested, my commission list is currently open!

Thanks for looking. :)

11722388_10100361018054440_2813264513303915960_o.jpg