• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman Adventures 12

8 posts in this topic

How much does the stain effect the grade?

On moderns, expect a stain like that to knock a book down by a full grade, in most cases....I'd say that book is likely a 6.0.

CGC is not forgiving with stains, even smaller stains, on moderns.

I picked up a sharp Iron Man 282 in trade a while back, a slabbed CGC 8.0 that looked like it should have been a rock solid 9.4.The downgrade was due to barely perceivable discoloration on the staples, the discoloration did not even effect all of the surface area of the staples..Around 60% of the surface area of the staples were good as new.

There was no water damage at all on the book, the partial staple discoloration product of the book being left unbagged i.e. there was no rust migration whatsoever.

That said, it is still one of the hottest moderns out there....and psst, if you're going to the Garden State Comic Fest at the end of the month, you can always swing by my table and I'd give you at least $150 in trade towards any silver/gold books at my tables or wall books. :baiting: