• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet #45?

57 posts in this topic

How much did Brave and the Bold #28 go up?

Hint #2:. Less than the 100% that More Fun 73 went up by in this year's guide and multiples more than the 5% that the X-Men 1 went up by in this year's new 2015 guide. :)

Can't believe Brave and the Bold #28 passed X-Men #1.

And finally Hint #3:. Not only did BB 28 passed both X-Men 1 and TOS 39, it also managed to catch both JIM 83 and Spidey 1 to put it in a tie for fifth place. :o

Now you should have more than enough hints to figure out the answer to your own question. :baiting::grin:

I know no one seems to want to answer.

So weird. Ten whole minutes went by without someone (a) reading your question, (b) taking time out of their day to research it and © posting the answer for you to read.

So weird.

Can't believe Brave and the Bold #28 passed X-Men #1.

And finally Hint #3:. Not only did BB 28 passed both X-Men 1 and TOS 39, it also managed to catch both JIM 83 and Spidey 1 to put it in a tie for fifth place. :o

While I agree that X-Men #1 is undervalued, B&B #28 should have been higher all along.

FWIW, JIM #83 has always been overvalued IMHO. Cool book, but a second tier character.

I know no one seems to want to answer.

So weird. Ten whole minutes went by without someone (a) reading your question, (b) taking time out of their day to research it and © posting the answer for you to read.

So weird.

This is what's wrong with our society today rantrant Kids are growing up in an era of instant gratification.

Brave and the Bold 28

2014 Guide-- NM- $36,000

2015 Guide NM- $60,000

A $24,000 Increase or %67.

Last year the book was ranked #9 in the Top 50.

This Year the book is ranked #5 in the Top 50.

Now for providing you with this information, please send me a copy of Brave & Bold 28 in 4.0 or above!

Brave and the Bold 28

2014 Guide-- NM- $36,000

2015 Guide NM- $60,000

Do you think this type of valuation increase is justified or is Overstreet a bit frothy here and jumping on the bandwagon a bit too early before prices have consolidated on this book? hm

Brave and the Bold 28

2014 Guide-- NM- $36,000

2015 Guide NM- $60,000

Last year the book was ranked #9 in the Top 50.

This Year the book is ranked #5 in the Top 50.

Now for providing you with this information, please send me a copy of Brave & Bold 28 in 4.0 or above!

I will gladly send you my copy. Gladly send me payment :D

Brave and the Bold 28

2014 Guide-- NM- $36,000

2015 Guide NM- $60,000

Do you think this type of valuation increase is justified or is Overstreet a bit frothy here and jumping on the bandwagon a bit too early before prices have consolidated on this book? hm

I think they are fighting to be more useful, and are trying hard to be more accurate to reflect current market value.

I'm a bit shocked to see the unprecedented levels of increase, but their previous model of bump it 2-4% every year wasn't the best way to handle most books. They are just playing catch-up now. 2c

While I agree that X-Men #1 is undervalued, B&B #28 should have been higher all along.

FWIW, JIM #83 has always been overvalued IMHO. Cool book, but a second tier character.

BB #28 was a boat anchor until recently. :baiting:

JIM #83 is a cool book. :headbang:

I'm a bit shocked to see the unprecedented levels of increase, but their previous model of bump it 2-4% every year wasn't the best way to handle most books. They are just playing catch-up now. 2c

It's actually not unprecedented.

Back in 2006 or so OSPG increased many Marvel keys by about 60% as well if I'm not mistaken. TOS #39, JIM #83, etc all got huge bumps.

I agree that they are trying to stay relevant.

Back in 2006 or so OSPG increased many Marvel keys by about 60% as well if I'm not mistaken. TOS #39, JIM #83, etc all got huge bumps.

They do this a lot, the major upgrades come in batches. GL76 took a huge jump a couple years ago and it has been little bumps since then. Sometimes it seems like when a book makes a huge jump in a year, like Iron Man 55 did around GOTG movie release, Overstreet didn't jump the price accordingly in their book. They waiting until the following edition to give it a more accurate price. I think this is why I have always trusted Overstreet and why it's stuck around for so long.

BTW, they've been hitting Westerns HARD (like cut in half) for the last few years :whistle:

They do this a lot, the major upgrades come in batches. GL76 took a huge jump a couple years ago and it has been little bumps since then. Sometimes it seems like when a book makes a huge jump in a year, like Iron Man 55 did around GOTG movie release, Overstreet didn't jump the price accordingly in their book. They waiting until the following edition to give it a more accurate price. I think this is why I have always trusted Overstreet and why it's stuck around for so long.

BTW, they've been hitting Westerns HARD (like cut in half) for the last few years :whistle:

I honestly don't understand here. If the prices never catch up to actual sales on the major keys, how are they relevant?

Sure, guide works on all the non-key fill books that are mostly raw sales, but frankly that is largely just because it is "better than nothing."

OSPG needs to update their process, become less of a "smokey room boys club" and more of a repository of physical market sales and analysis.

I will say one thing though, there are still some great articles to be read each year.

I honestly don't understand here. If the prices never catch up to actual sales on the major keys, how are they relevant?

Sure, guide works on all the non-key fill books that are mostly raw sales, but frankly that is largely just because it is "better than nothing."

OSPG needs to update their process, become less of a "smokey room boys club" and more of a repository of physical market sales and analysis.

I will say one thing though, there are still some great articles to be read each year.

Yeah for high-demand books, there's no way any print guide released once a year can accurately reflect the fluctuating market. Have you used their online guide?

Yeah for high-demand books, there's no way any print guide released once a year can accurately reflect the fluctuating market. Have you used their online guide?

Totally agree, which is why their process is extremely outdated. If it isn't at least updated monthly, it is out of date. Sites like GPA will make OSPG as a "guide" irrelevant in the next 5-10 years unless they modernize in a major way. Honestly, in the age of data, I don't find the opinions of a "boys/members only club" a relevant source. Experience or not, they aren't accurate with market sales on big books and are only used on non-key titles for lack of an alternative.

Frankly it confounds me why anyone would buy one. Anything worth over $5 can be found in eBay records and anything under that is a best guess at value anyway.

Side note - I have not seen their online guide and couldn't find it with a quick Google search. Can you share more?