• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #600 Blank Cover rarity? (Hero Initiative cover)

10 posts in this topic

So i won this Blank Fantastic Four #600 Blank from marvel a few years ago at wondercon... the book was used for the Fantastic Four 100 Project, where pro artists drew on the covers and they were auctioned off.

Im curious as to the rarity and price range a NM copy is... for just the book with a blank cover... (ill find an artist i really like and get a commission one of these days)

Ive never seen just the blank listed anywhere or sold anywhere (even ebay) just trying to get a feel of a general rarity/pricerange.

FF600heroinitiative.png

Any additional info would be appreciated!

Cgc graded - blank sketch goes for like 62. Regular like 42. Not a big difference and not extremely rare - actual value would be if/when you get a sketch done and if it gets stabbed at a high grade along with the actual artist/art

Cgc graded - blank sketch goes for like 62. Regular like 42. Not a big difference and not extremely rare - actual value would be if/when you get a sketch done and if it gets stabbed at a high grade along with the actual artist/art

Actually they are rare, they are Hero Initiative exclusive, and I'm not sure what you mean you "won" it from marvel. These were never meant for resale and CGC will not grade a blank Hero book. These were given to 100 artists, give or take a few and yes, they were supposed to be sketched on and auctioned off to support Hero. I would say if you plan on getting a sketch done on it that's cool, just don't expect CGC to grade it.

2c

Actually they are rare, they are Hero Initiative exclusive, and I'm not sure what you mean you "won" it from marvel. These were never meant for resale and CGC will not grade a blank Hero book. These were given to 100 artists, give or take a few and yes, they were supposed to be sketched on and auctioned off to support Hero. I would say if you plan on getting a sketch done on it that's cool, just don't expect CGC to grade it.

2c

:winnah:

I'm not sure what you mean you "won" it from marvel.

At wondercon a few years ago, at the big marvel booth, they were doing some trivia thing i ended up getting it right and they gave this to me... weird, yes... but really really cool too lol. I probably wont try CGC with this one, but i am saving it for a pretty rad commission from someone on my shortlist of favorite artists someday...

Joe Madureira

Chris Bachalo

Humberto Ramos

Skottie Young

2c

Why won't CGC grade it?

2c

my bad

:sorry:

I did not double check the GPA - there was a 1:100 variant sketch cover that I saw and mistook for the hero sketch cover

there were a couple of hero covers that were signed/sold in the last few years - they did go for a premium over other signed ones - but there is not a direct comparison (none of the same sigs). The Hero went for 250-480 (9.4 through 9.8)

a 9.8 sketch cover signed by Stan went for around 255 (this one was the other "sketch" cover)

quick edit - the SS listed in GPA for the hero covers - are all listed as "signed remarked" - so you should assume that there is some form of OA on them as well.

These were never meant for resale and CGC will not grade a blank Hero book.

Is this true for all Hero Initiative books, or just the Walking Dead version? IIRC, there was some backstory about theft or unauthorized access to copies of that line.

In previous HI charities (Spidey/Hulk/Wolverine, maybe more), artists had been given multiple copies of these blank covers. I've heard different stories ranging from getting an extra copy in case the artist messed up to getting an extra copy to do with what they wanted. Regardless of the reason, in the case where extra copies were initially handed out, will CGC still not grade those? What if it comes from the artist itself?

now im even more curious lol. Was there a reason why CGC wont grade them? im thinking holding on to it for a commission with cgc would be a good plan if its actually pretty rare... and i can get it CGC'd.

also... if it cant be CGC'd, i wonder if its better to leave blank, or if a non-CGC sketch would raise the price (or drop the price)

2c

Why won't CGC grade it?

+1

Why couldn't they grade it? IMO CGC should grade it but not included at the end of the label "for the Hero Initiative."

The ones that are apart of the Hero Initiative charity will indicate: signed and sketched by insert artist on date for the Hero Initiative.

fantastic%20four%20600%20cgc%209.2%20%20joyce%20chin%20%201149394001_zpscevvm62u.jpg